Rogers World Elite Mastercard
For regular, in-store Costco purchases, youll earn 1.5% cash backmore than you will with the CIBC Costco card. Plus, like the CIBC card, this is also a no fee card with some solid benefits, like a robust suite of insurance products and access to airport lounges. That said, this card isnt very accessible to many Canadians . If income requirement is a concern, we suggest considering the Tangerine card below.
- Annual fee: $0
- Interest rates: purchases 19.99%, cash advances 22.99%
- Earn rate: 1.5% cash back on everyday purchases
- Welcome bonus: $25 in cash back rewards when you make your first card purchase
- Income requirement: $80,000 annually
- Additional perks: $25 welcome bonus when you make your first purchase within 3 months airport lounge access travel, medical and rental insurance purchase protection
Capital One Spark Miles For Business
Best for business travel rewards
- This card is best for: Small business owners on the hunt for travel rewards that also like the appeal of other flat-rate Capital One rewards cards.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who want a host of premium travel perks.
- What makes this card unique? Business owners and their employees will collect unlimited 2X miles spent on all purchases. By spending $4,500 in combined purchases within your first three months, you can earn 50,000 miles, which can be boosted higher by finding a great deal through a Capital One transfer partner.
- Is the Capital One Spark Miles for Business worth it? The opportunity to earn unlimited 2X miles on all purchases could be huge for small business owners with expenses that surpass or fall outside the scope of traditional bonus categories. Although this cards $95 annual fee is $0 intro in the first year, there are competing cards that offer higher rewards rates and more features to justify such a fee.
Jump back to offer details.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best for simple cash back
- This card is best for: If you like the rewards rate but are looking for a card thats easier to qualify for, this is a great low-maintenance card for earning cash back.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who want a higher rewards rate for specific bonus spending categories.
- What makes this card unique? The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is a no annual fee card that allows you to earn 1.5 percent cash back on every eligible purchase and theres a $200 sign-up bonus when you spend $500 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- Is the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card worth it? This is a popular card thats worth its while for cardholders who want a straightforward cash back card that earns rewards on all purchases. Other than the possible interest, there are no ongoing fees or bonus categories to worry about.
Jump back to offer details.
Also Check: How To Add Credit Card To Google Play Store
How We Make Money
You have money questions. Bankrate has answers. Our experts have been helping you master your money for over four decades. We continually strive to provide consumers with the expert advice and tools needed to succeed throughout lifes financial journey.
Bankrate follows a strict editorial policy, so you can trust that our content is honest and accurate. Our award-winning editors and reporters create honest and accurate content to help you make the right financial decisions. The content created by our editorial staff is objective, factual, and not influenced by our advertisers.
Were transparent about how we are able to bring quality content, competitive rates, and useful tools to you by explaining how we make money.
Bankrate.com is an independent, advertising-supported publisher and comparison service. We are compensated in exchange for placement of sponsored products and, services, or by you clicking on certain links posted on our site. Therefore, this compensation may impact how, where and in what order products appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and whether a product is offered in your area or at your self-selected credit score range can also impact how and where products appear on this site. While we strive to provide a wide range offers, Bankrate does not include information about every financial or credit product or service.
Read Also: Cabela’s Mastercard Portal
Here Are Some Other Payment Options:
- ATM:Capital One has over 70,000 fee-free ATM locations. You can find them at select Target, Walgreens, and CVS Pharmacy locations. Check online or call customer service to find additional locations. You can use the ATM to deposit cash or checks to your Capital One checking account. Then, you can use that money to pay your Capital One credit card bill online, by phone, or mobile app.
- Online: You can also make an online credit card payment by signing in to your Capital One account.
- Mobile App:You can instantly deposit checks to your Capital One checking account using your mobile phone. You can also transfer money between banks with Capital Ones online banking but this takes a little longer. However, this can be a convenient option in the future once you link your bank accounts.
- Mail: Lastly, you can pay your Capital One credit card bill via mail. The address is:
PO Box 71083
Charlotte, NC 28272-1083
Where you decide to pay your Capital One credit card bill in person, if anywhere, depends on how strapped you are for time. You might have to pay a fee if you arent close to a Capital One bank, or one isnt open. But that will certainly beat triggering a late payment fee. Make sure to bring the proper information, identification and form of payment needed.
Just trying to pay it forward, information-wise, and hope that others wont have to go through all the same things I have!
What Are Benefits Of Capital One Credit Cards
The exact benefits of Capital One cards will vary depending on the type of card. Many Capital One cards have no foreign transaction fees, instant card number locking from the Capital One app, $0 fraud liability, virtual credit card numbers, online account management and automatic credit line reviews among other benefits.
Recommended Reading: How To Apply For Best Buy Credit Card Online
Redeeming Rewards With A Cash Back Credit Card
A cash back credit card works a lot like it sounds. When you use your card, you can earn a percentage of what you spend back in cash.
In general, cash back cards come in three categoriesâflat-rate cards, tiered-category cards and rotating-category cards. Depending on your credit card and how you use it, your rewards can vary.
Cash back cards may give you a number of ways to redeem rewards. They might include the following:
- Redeeming your rewards for cash.
- Applying your cash back to directly cover a recent purchase, typically in the form of a statement credit.
- Applying rewards directly to your account as a statement credit, which can reduce your balance.
- Making online purchases with retailers.
- Redeeming your rewards for gift cards.
Pay Capital One Bill Online
You can easily make a Capital One credit card payment online through either the Capital One website or mobile app. You’ll first need to set up online access if you haven’t already. You can then log in through the site or app and set up a payment account like your savings or checking account.
Video of the Day
To do this, select the “Profile” option on the toolbar or app menu, tap “Settings” and then look for an option to add a payment account. You’ll need to select the type of bank account it is, fill in information including your routing number and account number and then confirm you want to add the account.
You can then simply go to your main account page, select the credit card and click the “Make a Payment” button. Choose your payment account, desired payment date and payment amount and then confirm to make the payment. Depending on the time of day, the online payment may post by midnight or by the next business day.
Read Also: Credit Cards That Only Check Transunion
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best overall for students
- This card is best for: Students who want to earn substantial cash back rewards right away without too much hassle.
- This card is not a great choice for: Students looking to take advantage of even higher cash back rewards in certain spending categories.
- What makes this card unique? The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card has one of the highest flat-rate cash back rewards rates for students. Students can earn unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on all purchases
- Is the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card worth it? Students who want to earn considerable cash rewards quickly will fare well with the Capital One Quicksilver Student Rewards card. Theres no annual fee or foreign transaction fees, so you dont have to worry too much about onerous charges.
Jump back to offer details.
View Your Minimum Payment
To view your minimum payment due this month, , click Pay Bill. Your minimum due will be shown once you click Choose Amount.
On this page you can view your current minimum payment and other account information. If you have not received your first statement, we have not calculated your due date, and you don’t owe us a payment yet.
Recommended Reading: Check Adp Aline Card Balance
Best Capital One Card For Bad Credit Card
Who’s this for? Prospective cardholders with bad credit may find it difficult to open a traditional, unsecured credit card. However, there’s often the opportunity to qualify for a secured card, such as the Secured Mastercard® from Capital One, which can be used to make purchases just like an unsecured card.
The main difference is that you’ll be required to make a $49, $99 or $200 security deposit, based on your creditworthiness, to receive a $200 credit limit. This card stands out for offering the chance to qualify for a lower deposit and still receive the same $200 credit limit.
And if you don’t qualify for the $49 or $99 deposits, you can receive access to a higher credit limit in as little as six months with no additional deposit needed. Capital One automatically considers you for a based on your payment history and creditworthiness.
Send Your Payment By Mail
If you’d rather not pay online and want to use a check or money order, you can mail your payment in to Capital One. Put your card number on the memo or note field of your money order or check so the company applies it to the right account. You can then mail it to Capital One, Attn: Payment Processing, P.O. Box 71083, Charlotte, NC 28272-1083.
To avoid any late payment fees, Capital One recommends sending your payment in early to allow for the extra time needed for it to arrive. So, if you’re at risk of a late payment, consider the online or phone option instead.
Also Check: Best Buy Credit Card What Bank
How Do You Redeem Credit Card Rewards
If youâve been making purchases with your card and watching your rewards add up, whatâs next? Redeeming them, when youâre ready.
You can usually find a summary of your rewardsâand options for redeeming themâon your credit cardâs app or website.
To get the most out of your rewards, you might want to think through how you redeem them. For example, depending on your card and circumstances, redeeming for travel could give you more value than choosing a gift card.
Keep in mind that using your credit card responsibly is important for reasons that go beyond its impact on your and . Always paying your balance on time, for example, can mean you might not have to pay interest, which can help you maximize your rewards.
What else should you be aware of? There might be restrictions or minimum redemption amounts on your card. Itâs a good idea to read your credit cardâs terms and conditions closely to understand how you can earn and redeem your rewards.
And it might help to know that, with some credit cards , your rewards donât expire as long as your accountâs in good standing. Thatâs true with Capital One rewards cardsâyour rewards are yours for the life of the account. But if your account is closed, youâll lose any rewards you havenât redeemed.
Redeeming Rewards for Gift Cards
While some credit cards allow you to redeem your rewards for things like cash back and travel, some offer an additional option: redeeming for gift cards.
Capital One Savorone Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best for dining and entertainment with no annual fee
- This card is best for: Anyone who wants to earn rewards for spending on a wide variety of categories, especially foodies.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who want to rack up rewards on travel purchases.
- What makes this card unique? The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card allows for 3 percent cash back earnings on dining and entertainment, plus an inviting bonus offer for those who spend at least $500 within the first three months of opening the account. Plus, starting May 18, 2021, you can also earn 3 percent cash back on popular streaming services and grocery store purchases .
- Is the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card worth it? The sheer variety of this cards bonus cash back categories while requiring no annual fee and offering a generous introductory bonus make it one of the best cash back cards on the market, especially for foodies.
Jump back to offer details.
Don’t Miss: Visa Best Buy Card
Try To Pay Your Credit Card Bill On Time Every Time
The most important thing to remember is to make at least the minimum payment on your credit card by the due date every month. Consistently paying your bill on time can help you maintain good credit and keep your account in good standing.
You can find the payment amount and the due date by checking your most recent billing statement or calling your credit card issuer. And to help you meet this goal, you can set up autopay, set reminders or even ask your card issuer to adjust your due date.
Government and private relief efforts vary by location and may have changed since this article was published. Consult a financial adviser or the relevant government agencies and private lenders for the most current information.
We hope you found this helpful. Our content is not intended to provide legal, investment or financial advice or to indicate that a particular Capital One product or service is available or right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, consider talking with a qualified professional.
Automatic Capital One Bill Pay
To avoid the hassle of remembering to make payments and to prevent late payment fees, Capital One encourages you to enable autopay. If you go to your selected credit card’s information page on the Capital One website or app, you’ll find an option called “Manage Autopay.” Here, you can set up the monthly payment date, select the payment account and designate the payment amount. Once submitting your request, Capital One will make the payments for you until you change or cancel autopay.
Read Also: Alcon Rewards Card Balance
By Making A Balance Transfer
Depending on the balance of the credit card that needs to be paid, the best option may be to perform a balance transfer. In this method, the balance from Card A is transferred to a new card, Card B, effectively paying Card A by eliminating its balance.
The real appeal behind performing a balance transfer is the potential to decrease the interest rate you are paying on your balance. In an ideal balance transfer, the interest rate of the new credit card will be less than the interest rate of the first card. And, as every credit card holder should know, a lower interest rate means lower payments.
Indeed, the best balance transfer credit cards will actually do more than lower your interest rate they will terminate it, at least for a time. All of our top-rated picks for balance transfer credit cards offer introductory 0% APR periods, some up to 21 months, giving you more than a year and a half with an interest-free balance.
While this may all sound like a sweet deal, there is one catch: the fees. The average credit card will charge between 3% and 5% of the transferred balance for the service. The most notable exception to this catch is the Chase Slate®, which often offers fee-less balance transfers as part of an introductory offer. Unfortunately, you cant transfer the balance on one Chase credit card to another Chase card, however.