Who Should Get The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is perfect for those with a good to excellent who want just one basic credit card to use for all of their purchases. Offering 1.5% cash back on every purchase, this card makes it easy to earn money on your routine expenses. You can redeem your cash back for statement credits or even as a check.
However, if you spend a lot of money in certain categories such as at gas stations or restaurants you may be able to earn a higher rate of return by using a different credit card with more cashback rewards in those areas.
Best Cards To Pair With The Capital One Quicksilver
Since flat-rate cards reward purchases that dont usually fall within standard bonus categories, you could benefit by pairing your Quicksilver with a bonus category card for your specialized spending.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express would make an excellent partner for 6 percent cash back on U.S. supermarket purchases 6 percent back on select U.S. streaming services 3 percent cash back on transit 3 percent back on U.S. gas station purchases and 1 percent back on all other purchases if you dont mind a $95 annual fee .
If you prefer dining or delivery to cooking, the no annual fee Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card earns unlimited 3 percent cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores , plus 1 percent on all other purchases.
This Card Is Best For
- Seeks to maximize cash back earnings across spending categoriesCash Back Strategist
- Prefers uncomplicated rewards with single rate for all spendingMinimalist
- Resists or refuses an annual fee on principle or due to costAnnual Fee Averse
The Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card is a solid choice for people who either dont spend a lot in any one budget category or prefer one rewards rate instead of multiple rates, depending on the purchase.
Its also a good option if you’re looking for a long introductory 0% APR promotion on purchases.
The cards lack of an annual fee is also appealing for people who are generally fee-averse and dont want to worry about earning enough rewards justify a yearly cost. Just be sure to take time to compare it with other no-annual-fee cards to ensure you pick the right one for you.
Finally, given its absence of a foreign-transaction fee, think about getting the card if you want a cash-back credit card to use abroad. The fees of up to three percent charged by other cards may not seem like a lot, but can add up to a surprisingly high figure over the course of an international trip.
You May Like: What Is Square Credit Card Fee
Who Is This Card For
The Capital One Quicksilver is best for people who use one card for everything because it has a simple, flat 1.5% cash-back earning rate. If you dont use bonus spending categories such dining, entertainment and groceries, or you prefer not to juggle cards when youre out and about, then you should at least be earning more than 1% cash back on all spending. However, you can likely improve on the Quicksilvers earning rate, as well see shortly.
How To Redeem Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Rewards
Cardholders have several options for how to redeem the cash back rewards theyve earned. Here are a few of the different options:
- Redeem as statement credit or a check: Probably the most straightforward way to redeem your Capital One Quicksilver rewards is to redeem them as a statement credit, though you can also receive them as a check sent in the mail. You have the option to set up an automatic withdrawal at a certain threshold or time of year if you do not set that up, then your rewards are available to be redeemed at your request.
- Redeem rewards on Amazon.com: You can link your Capital One account to your Amazon account and redeem rewards directly on Amazon.com.
- Redeem rewards on PayPal purchases: You can also link your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card to your PayPal account. This will allow you to use any cash back you’ve earned with your card directly through PayPal.
Your cashback rewards wont expire as long as the card remains open.
Read Also: How To Apply To Amazon Credit Card
Is Capital 1 A Good Credit Card
The Capital One Platinum Credit Card is a solid option for those with average credit. It has an annual fee of $0 and also charges no foreign transaction fees. But for many, its standout feature may be that it also offers the chance to earn a higher credit limit after making on-time payments in as little as six months.
How To Earn Cash Back
Theres nothing special when it comes to earning cash back on the Capital One Quicksilver, merely a flat 1.5% on all purchases with no bonus categories. If you dont have one category of high spending, then its fine to earn the same amount on all purchases. However, if you make a great number of purchases each month in one particular category such as dining or groceries then youll likely want to consider a card that has that fields bonus earning in that category.
Read Also: Who Should Get Amex Platinum
Potential Earnings In Years One And Two
Here’s a look at how your cash back can add up with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card.
Remember, this is an estimation. The actual amount of cash back you earn will be determined by how much you spend.
Year one earnings: $703
Year two earnings: $503
These values are based on the FinanceBuzz Credit Card Rewards Valuation Model, which takes a look at points earned via spending and the early spend bonus.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card At A Glance
When you sign up for Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Credit Card, you get a $200 early spend bonus after making $500 in purchases within three months. You can also redeem your rewards easily because there is no minimum redemption requirement.
With this card, you get to experience international travel in a better way. It does not have a foreign transaction fee, and you also get travel accident insurance when you pay for your travel bookings.
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best cash back rewards credit card for everyday spending
- 1.5xRewards Rate on Online Shopping
What are the pros and cons?
- Very high, versatile cash back rewards
- No minimum redemption amount
- 15-month 0% APR introductory period
- Cash back rewards never expire
- Have to have good/excellent credit
- Has a 3% transfer fee
- No bonus rewards if you like the idea of bonus categories
- $200 cash bonus applies after spending $500 within three months after card sign-up
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- No bonus categories or rotating bonus percentages to worry about
- Cash back rewards can be used anytime no point/value minimums
Disclaimer: Credit card offers are constantly changing. We work hard to stay updated with the latest information, but the offers listed on our site may no longer be available.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Review : Simple No
Last updated Oct. 25, 2022| By Kat Tretina
FinanceBuzz is reader-supported. We may receive compensation from the products and services mentioned in this story, but the opinions are the author’s own. Compensation may impact where offers appear. We have not included all available products or offers. Learn more about how we make money and our editorial policies.
When it comes to rewards credit cards, sorting through the hundreds of options can be overwhelming. And if youre new to , the idea of juggling multiple cards or monitoring ever-changing spending categories can be downright stressful.
Thats why the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is such a smart choice. You can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase easy! In this Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards review, learn how this card works and what benefits youll receive as a cardholder.
Unlimited Cash Back
Should I Get The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is a simple and easy-to-use option. Although the card doesn’t pay the highest flat cash-back rate on the market, it offers a compelling combination of rewards and redemption simplicity, low fees, sign-up bonus and 0% APR period.
But if what you mostly care about is a card’s ongoing rewards rate, you can find richer options.
To learn more about how your cash-back credit card options might stack up, check out our best credit cards page.
Also Check: How To Charge Credit Card Online
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card: Basics
Card type:Cash back.
Annual fee: $0.
Sign-up bonus: One-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
Rewards: Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, plus 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
Interest rate: 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, and then the ongoing APR of 17.99%-27.99% Variable APR 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
Foreign transaction fees: None.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Vs Capital One Ventureone Rewards Credit Card
Verdict: Potentially more rewarding if you use Capital One’s transfer partners
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is another $0-annual-fee credit card from Capital One that’s generally less rewarding than the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card. It has a similar initial welcome offer, but only earns 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day 5 Miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
However, you can get extra value with this card if you transfer miles to Capital One’s transfer partners. With a lot of extra legwork, it’s possible to get a better value than 1.5% back with the right transfer partner.
How does it compare?
- Welcome bonus: Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Cash back percent: 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day 5 Miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- Other benefits: APR of 0% intro on purchases for 15 months followed by a 17.99% – 27.99% APR, None foreign transaction fees
Don’t Miss: Where To Get Visa Photos Taken
Capital One Savorone Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores , with 1% on all other purchases
- Limited Time Offer: Earn $100 when you spend $100 in the first three months
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud Liability so that you won’t be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Enjoy no annual fee, foreign transaction fees, or hidden fees
- Lock your card in the Capital One Mobile app if it’s misplaced, lost or stolen
- Earn up to $500 a year by referring friends and family when they’re approved for a Capital One credit card
- Earn 8% cash back on entertainment purchases when you book through the Capital One Entertainment portal
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Build your credit with responsible card use
- Whether you’re at a 4-year university, community college or other higher education institution, this card might be an option for you
Capital One Quicksilver Benefits
Rotating categories in some cash-back credit cards can seem like you’re playing a game of roulette. One month you could be at the movies flicking kernels of popcorn into your mouth with a smile on your face knowing youre getting 5% back on purchases at the theater, but next month it’s only at home improvement stores you can earn those cash-back incentives. What are you going to do at a home improvement store? You can barely handle changing a light bulb.
With the CardName it doesn’t matter where your purchases take you. You automatically earn 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, anywhere. And that cash back won’t expire for the life of the account. That means you’re good for milking some cash back from the movie theaters and, if youre feeling brave enough, the home improvement store as well.
The CardName best features include:
- A consistent 1.5% cash back on all your purchases, plus, cardholders can earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of trip options .
- A $200 bonus after spending $500 within your first three months.
- Intro 0% APR for 15 months you won’t pay interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months. Then, RegAPR after that. A 3% fee applies on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Complimentary concierge service, ready to help you around the clock.
Also Check: How Do Credit Card Companies Pay Merchants
Pros & Cons Explained
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Credit Card is beneficial in many ways. However, it does have some downsides. Understanding the pros and cons can help you compare it with other cards and make a better decision.
- Low feesThe annual fee of this card is $0, and it has no fee for foreign transactions. This makes it beneficial for use while traveling internationally.
- Unlimited cashbackWith this card, you get 1.5% cashback on every purchase. The cash rewards are unlimited and available for use instantly. Additionally, there is no minimum redemption limit.
- 0% introductory APRThis card offers an introductory APR of 0% for 15 months, making it easier for you to pay off a big purchase during this period.
- Competitive early spend bonusYou get a $200 early spend bonus as soon as you sign-up and make $500 in purchases with this card within three months of opening an account.
- No bonus rewards for gas and groceriesAlthough this card has a 1.5% cash back reward on every purchase, it does not offer any bonus category rewards. If youre someone who spends a lot of money on groceries or gas, youre better off with other credit cards that offer up to 3% cashback on various U.S. supermarkets and gas stations.
- Only for people with good/excellent creditIf you dont have a good credit score, generally above 670, youre not eligible for this card.
Benefits Of The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Simple rewards earning and redemption
Those who value simplicity will appreciate the straightforward 1.5% cash back rewards on the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
And the ease of use doesn’t apply only on the rewards-earning side. While many competitors require you to amass as much as $25 in rewards before you can cash out, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t have a minimum redemption amount. Youll be able to redeem your cash back for any amount and at any time.
The only thing better than earning cash is earning it with minimal effort. The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card has a solid sign-up bonus with a fairly low spending requirement to earn it meaning you’re less likely to feel pressured to overspend.
0% intro APR offer
This card features an introductory APR of 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, and then the ongoing APR of 17.99%-27.99% Variable APR 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months. The lengthy window for purchases and balance transfers can offer some breathing room on interest payments and can help those who need to make a big purchase or pay down transferred debt.
Keep in mind that there is a 3% fee charged for each balance transferred, so it’s important to weigh that cost against current long-term interest payments to determine the best course.
Recommended Reading: How Old Can Apply Credit Card
Is Capital One Quicksilver One A Secured Credit Card
Minimum security deposit: The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is an unsecured card, which means you won’t have to put down a deposit. On the other hand, the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card requires a $200 refundable deposit to establish an initial $200 credit line.
How To Maximize Your Rewards
Because the Capital One Quicksilver doesnt offer any bonus rewards rates, the best thing you can do to maximize your rewards is to use the card every chance you get.
However, because this cards flat rate is lower than the cash back percentage for some other cards, be careful in the event that a merchant charges extra to use a credit card, as do some gas stations for example. If the credit card price exceeds the cash price by more than your rewards amount of 1.5%, you may want to simply pay in cash or debitor use another credit card that rewards you at least as much as the price difference, if you have one. That way, you arent losing money by opting for paying with this card.
When it comes to redeeming rewards, you might also want to consider buying a gift card, and going online to check the redemption rates for those. Partners include Amazon and Paypal. While the gift card rewards are a great benefit, Capital One’s website does not include detailed information about which firms it partners with. You’ll need to talk to a customer representative for further information.
You May Like: How Do I Check My Balance On My Credit Card