Set Up A Capital One Online Account
Once you receive your Capital One card, youll need to activate your card. To get started, visit Capital Ones enrollment page for online banking.
After you enroll in online banking, youll need to go to Capital Ones activation page. Youll need your new card handy because youll use the three-digit code located on the back to activate it.
Related: Best Store Credit Cards
Know How Much You Owe
It’s important to select the cards you want to transfer balances from and determine the amount you qualify to transfer in advance. If you have balances on cards with high APRs, you should try to transfer those first. Remember that you cannot transfer more than the amount for which you are eligible. You also need to account for the balance transfer fee because it will add to the total amount.
Why Can I No Longer See Available Capital One Rewards In Checkout
First, ensure your eligible Capital One credit card is enrolled for Shop with Points by clicking on Accounts & Lists in the top right. Then, go to Your Account and then Shop with Points under Shopping programs and rentals. If the program is not listed under Your Enrolled Rewards Accounts, follow the directions on this page to enroll. If you have confirmed your eligible Capital One rewards account is enrolled for Shop with Points and you do not see your rewards program account, please contact Capital One using the phone number on the back of your Capital One credit card.
Also Check: Best Buy Credit Card By Citibank
How Many Capital One Credit Cards Can You Have
Capital One hasnt publicly stated a cap on the number of cards it will issue to someone. However, no issuer will issue an unlimited number of credit cards to someone, regardless of their credit history. If youre thinking about applying for a new Capital One card, you can use their pre-approval tool to see if youre likely to be approved or not.
Which Capital One Cards Offer Cash Advances
All credit cards from Capital One let you take out cash, provided you have enough available credit on your card. However, Capital One credit card interest rates for cash advances can vary, so make sure you know your cards cash advance APR ahead of time.
|Cash advance offered?|
The editorial content on this page is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. It has not been provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Holly Johnson is a financial expert and award-winning writer who is obsessed with frugality, budgeting and travel. In addition to serving as contributing editor for The Simple Dollar, Johnson owns Club Thrifty and is the co-author of Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life Youll Love.
Read Also: Vioc On Credit Card Statement
Capital One Quicksilverone Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best for fair credit
- This card is best for: Anyone with fair credit who wants to improve their score through responsible use and earn a respectable amount in cash back rewards.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who want to receive a sign-up bonus or carry a large balance .
- What makes this card unique? The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card provides cash back rewards on every purchase and is one of the few cards that is available to those with fair credit. Plus, cardholders are automatically considered for a higher line of credit in as few as six months with on-time payments.
- Is the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card worth it? If you have fair credit, this card is very much worth it. There arent many rewards credit cards available for those with fair credit, so you can use this to both build your credit and get cash back on all your purchases, but keep the $39 annual fee in mind.
Jump back to offer details.
Best Student Capital One Card
Who’s this for? If you want to learn how to use credit responsibly while in college, the Journey Student Rewards from Capital One can help teach you good habits without charging an annual fee. This card encourages you to pay on time with the benefit of earning extra cash back.
Cardholders earn 1% cash back on all purchases, which increases to 1.25% for every billing cycle that you make at least your minimum payment on time. While paying the minimumkeeps your account current and prevents late fees, we encourage you to pay in full to avoid interest charges from this card’s steep 26.99% APR. By using this card during college to make purchases and bill payments, you can achieve a good credit score upon graduation.
Take note that this college student credit card doesn’t require you to be a student to qualify, but you will need to show that you meet income requirements by providing your employment status and total annual income during the application process.
Beyond rewards and the ability to build credit, you can use this card abroad with no foreign transaction fees and benefit from travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver and more.
Recommended Reading: First Premier Bank $700 Credit Limit
Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Best for small businesses
- This card is best for: Small business owners looking to earn high cash back rewards without keeping track of spending categories.
- This card is not a great choice for: People who may not have the cash flow in their business to cover the annual fee.
- What makes this card unique? Small business owners can earn unlimited 2 percent cash back on all purchases, making it a bit easier to earn consistent rewards on business expenses. Theres also the opportunity to earn cash bonuses with certain terms and conditions.
- Is the Capital One Spark Cash Plus worth it? For small businesses with the cash flow to handle an $150 annual fee, the Capital One Spark Cash Plus is a great way to earn consistent and high cash back rewards on purchases. If youre looking to earn some of the cash bonuses but youre worried about the spending requirements, there may be other cards on the market that offer a different set of rewards that better fit your needs.
Jump back to offer details.
Capital Ones Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards
There is more to Capital One balance transfer cards than their intro 0% APR offers. Depending on the card you get, you may expect to earn rewards or cash back. You might also qualify to earn an early spend bonus.
Best cash back rewards credit card for everyday spending
- 1.5xRewards Rate on Online Shopping
WHY WE GEEK OUT?
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is all about cash back rewards, as suggested by the name. Taking advantage of cash back rewards is super easy since there arent any purchase limitations or requirements you enjoy a flat 1.5% cash back all day, every day.
Thus, this is a simple and easy-to-use card that doesnt require you to keep track of spending limits or bonus categories . More importantly, you can redeem your cash back rewards points whenever you want. Theres no need to amass $25, $50 or any other arbitrary amount before you can take advantage of your spending habits.
Aside from its excellent rewards offer, this credit card offers extremely low fees and an attractive sign-up bonus. The $200 in cash is yours as soon as you spend $500 on purchases within the first three months.
Youll also benefit from a 15-month 0% APR period, making this even more appealing for folks new to cash back rewards or other programs.
PROS & CONS
- Very high, versatile cash back rewards
- No minimum redemption amount
- 15-month 0% APR introductory period
- Cash back rewards never expire
You May Like: Cabelas Visa Application
Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card
Best secured card for flat-rate rewards
- This card is best for: People with bad, thin or fair credit who cant qualify for non-secured rewards credit cards.
- This card is not a great choice for: People with good-to-excellent credit who can qualify for one of the non-secured versions of this card or another standout rewards credit card on the market.
- What makes this card unique? The combination of a $0 annual fee and 1.5 percent cash back on all purchases is a true rarity as far as secured credit cards go. The card also features other hallmarks of a standout credit card for people with bad, thin or fair credit. Namely, it offers the opportunity for a credit limit increase after six months of demonstrated responsible use and touts a relatively low $200 minimum for refundable security deposits.
- Is the Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card worth it? The consumer-friendly terms alone make the card a good fit for people with bad, thin or fair credit. The rewards program makes it a top pick among people looking to earn cash back who cant yet qualify for an unsecured credit card.
Jump back to offer details.
Send Your Payment By Mail
If you’d rather not pay online and want to use a check or money order, you can mail your payment in to Capital One. Put your card number on the memo or note field of your money order or check so the company applies it to the right account. You can then mail it to Capital One, Attn: Payment Processing, P.O. Box 71083, Charlotte, NC 28272-1083.
To avoid any late payment fees, Capital One recommends sending your payment in early to allow for the extra time needed for it to arrive. So, if you’re at risk of a late payment, consider the online or phone option instead.
Also Check: Cabelas Visa Cash Advance
Capital One Spark Miles For Business
Best for business travel rewards
- This card is best for: Small business owners on the hunt for travel rewards that also like the appeal of other flat-rate Capital One rewards cards.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who want a host of premium travel perks.
- What makes this card unique? Business owners and their employees will collect unlimited 2X miles spent on all purchases. By spending $4,500 in combined purchases within your first three months, you can earn 50,000 miles, which can be boosted higher by finding a great deal through a Capital One transfer partner.
- Is the Capital One Spark Miles for Business worth it? The opportunity to earn unlimited 2X miles on all purchases could be huge for small business owners with expenses that surpass or fall outside the scope of traditional bonus categories. Although this cards $95 annual fee is $0 intro in the first year, there are competing cards that offer higher rewards rates and more features to justify such a fee.
Jump back to offer details.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Best for premium travel benefits
- This card is best for: Anyone who wants a flat-rate travel rewards card that allows you to redeem miles to offset travel purchases and everyday expenses.
- This card is not a great choice for: Those who will not spend enough to receive the sign-up bonus or offset the $395 annual fee.
- What makes this card unique? While the $395 annual fee may feel steep, its actually significantly lower than the annual fee charged by comparable premium travel credit cards on the market namely, the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, which charges a $550 annual fee, and The Platinum Card® from American Express, which charges a $695 annual fee . Plus, theres an anniversary bonus .
- Is the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card worth it? The annual fee might be eye-popping for some at first glance. However, the card itself can provide a ton of value, even for semi-frequent travelers, especially when you consider you can recoup a large chunk of that charge by just using the up to $300 back in annual statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel.
Jump back to offer details.
Read Also: Cabelas Visa Balance Transfer
Pay Capital One Credit Card Online
After logging in, youll be able to manage your account, and pay bills online.
Follow these steps to make a Capital One online payment:
Enrolling in Capital One online account access and taking advantage of online bill pay is a convenient and smart way to handle your finances. With this option, you can easily check the status of your account and schedule on-time payments whether at home or on the go.
More on Credit Cards
Best Capital One Card For Bad Credit Card
Who’s this for? Prospective cardholders with bad credit may find it difficult to open a traditional, unsecured credit card. However, there’s often the opportunity to qualify for a secured card, such as the Secured Mastercard® from Capital One, which can be used to make purchases just like an unsecured card.
The main difference is that you’ll be required to make a $49, $99 or $200 security deposit, based on your creditworthiness, to receive a $200 credit limit. This card stands out for offering the chance to qualify for a lower deposit and still receive the same $200 credit limit.
And if you don’t qualify for the $49 or $99 deposits, you can receive access to a higher credit limit in as little as six months with no additional deposit needed. Capital One automatically considers you for a based on your payment history and creditworthiness.
Also Check: Activate Cabelas Visa Card
How To Choose A Capital One Card
Capital One offers a wide variety of credit cards that can appeal to people with any credit profile. Those with excellent credit will be drawn to their premium rewards cards like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card. If you have good credit, then the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card can be great ways to earn cash back and travel rewards respectively. Those with fair credit can choose from many cards such as the Journey Student Rewards from Capital One, Walmart Mastercard, and Capital One Platinum Credit Card. And if youve had serious credit problems, then the Capital One Platinum Secured can be a great option.
Ways To Make A Capital One Credit Card Payment
- Call the number on the back of your card and enter your card information when prompted.
- Online:Log in to your online account and click on “Make a Payment.”
- Through the mobile app: Log in to your account and select your card, then tap “Make a payment.”
- Send a check or money order to Capital One / Attn: Payment Processing / PO Box 71083 / Charlotte, NC 28272-1083. Make sure to send it early enough that it will arrive by the due date. Write your credit card number on the check, too.
- At a branch: You can make a payment at any Capital One branch during normal business hours.
Yes, you can pay your Capital One credit card bill in a Walmart store. If youre trying to pay a Walmart Credit Card bill , you can pay it at the customer service desk. If its any other Capital One credit card, you can still pay the bill at Walmart, but you will have to use MoneyGram to pay it.read full answer
MoneyGram allows Walmart customers to pay lots of bills in-store, including Capital One credit card bills. Simply provide the company name , your credit card number, and your payment method. MoneyGram accepts debit cards and cash for in-person transactions. You can use a credit card, but card issuers are likely to see it as a cash advance, which comes with fees and a high APR.
Also Check: Southwest Visa Refer A Friend
How Do I Make A Payment On My Capital One Credit Card
Using an online service: Log into your online account and make a payment online.Click Make payment after logging in to your profile on the mobile app. Tap on your card and select it.Send a check or money order in order to Capital One, ctn: Payment Processing / PO Box 71083 / Charlotte, NC 28272-1083 to Capital.
How To Make A Payment On A Capital One Credit Card
When you need to make a Capital One credit card payment, you can use the Capital One website or mobile app, where you can also review your statements and account balance, set up payment notifications and manage your card. If you’d prefer an alternative, you can use the Capital One phone system or send a payment through the mail. To make things more convenient and help avoid the consequences of late or missed payments, you can always choose to set up automatic Capital One bill pay.
Don’t Miss: Cabelas Reward Points