Eligibility Requirements For All Applicants
There are specific requirements you need to meet depending on where you are when you apply for your work permit.
But regardless of where you apply or which type of work permit you apply for, you must
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires;
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home;
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity ;
- not be a danger to Canadas security;
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed;
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status ineligible on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions;
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages; and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
Close To 200000 New Foreign Workers Immigrate To Canada Every Year
Working in Canada is an attractive option for many skilled foreign workers from all over the world. Each year, close to 200,000 foreign skilled workers come to work in Canada on Temporary Canadian Work Permits. There is no reason why this cannot be you too!
In order to work in Canada on a temporary basis, foreign skilled workers must have a temporary offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be granted a Temporary ;Foreign Worker Permit by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. If you or a family member are applying for a PR card, you can also apply via an Open Work permit, and if you are American or Mexican, you can;fast track the working visa process via the NAFTA agreement.
If you are looking for a job, certain positions in Canada may require a person to know their National Occupation Classification Code . This code is used to classify all types of employment by Canadian standards.
Other Convictions That Can Affect Work Permit Eligibility
In addition to driving under the influence of alcohol and driving while intoxicated , the following alcohol-related driving infractions can render a person criminally inadmissible to Canada and therefore ineligible for a Canadian Work Visa without special permission: driving while ability impaired, operating a vehicle under the influence, operating while intoxicated, and driving under the influence of drugs. Other non-drinking and driving related criminal arrests and convictions, such as possession of illegal drugs, assault or battery, and theft canalso affect eligibility for Canadian immigration including for NAFTA Work Permits and Student Visas. Individuals participating in a deferment, diversion, or ARD program may also require a Temporary Resident Permit or Rehabilitation in order to get a Canada Employment Visa.
If you want to move to Canada to work but have any criminal history at all, your immigration application could be flagged by government staff. Whether you are an American with a DUI doing an intra-company transfer to Toronto, an Australian with a drink driving offense hoping to obtain a Working Holiday Visa so you can work in Banff, or a British citizen with a shoplifting offense hoping to get a Holiday Visa to work in Whistler, it is advisable to speak with an immigration professional before submitting paperwork.
Worried about being refused a Canadian Work Visa or Work Permit because of a DUI? Call us today for a free assessment.
Don’t Miss: Bass Pro Credit Card Balance
What Are The Requirements
In order to be eligible, you must fall into one of the above categories, and you must also meet the following criteria:
- You are currently in Canada
- You have a valid temporary Work Permit, and it is set to expire within four months.
- You have received a positive decision on your permanent resident application under an economic class, Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class, or the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- You have made an application for an Open Work Permit.
This open work permit is a significant program in Canadian immigration;and allows applicants to work during the processing of their PR applications.
How To Get A Canadian Work Visa In 6 Steps
Each year, around 200,000 foreign-skilled workers come to work in Canada on Temporary Work Permits.;Canadian work permits;also known as, Canadian work visas, make provisions for working in Canada without the need to undergo points-based assessments. In order to work in Canada on a Canadian work visa, foreign-skilled workers must have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be granted a Labour Market Opinion by;Human Resources and Skills Development Canada;.
Recommended Reading: How Can I Pay My Macy’s Credit Card Bill
How Long Will It Take To Get My Work Permit
Work permits that are applied for at a Canadian Port of Entry can be issued the same day;. Most Canadian work permit applications are filed outside of Canada and are released within a matter of days or weeks, depending on whether or not a medical examination is required and the workload at the particular visa office to which you applied.
The Necessary Documents And Forms For A Work Permit Extension
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker
- Use of a Representative
- If applicable: Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
You will need the same documents as for a Visitor Record . However, you will also need additional documents such as:
- If you have one: Copy of the Labour Market Impact Assessment and a copy of your job offer letter from your prospective employer.
- If your employer has not obtained a LMIA, include a copy of the Offer of Employment number your employer gives you.
- For a live-in caregiver: Photocopy of signed employment contract.
- If working in Quebec: A Certificat dâacceptation du QuÃ©bec issued by the MinistÃ¨re de lâImmigration, de la DiversitÃ© et de lâInclusion
- If participating in the International Experience Canada program: Proof of health insurance for the duration of your stay.
- For students: Academic standing â photocopies of transcripts from your last two study periods or letter from the institutional registrar.
- For provincial nominees:
- Proof of nomination.
- Offer of employment from someone in your province.
- Statement from your province identifying your job and employer along with the details of your job . The statement must also reveal that your employer needs you on the job and that the job offer will provide economic benefits.
Documents required for work permit extension for spouses/common law partners
Spouse/common-law partners of open permit workers
Don’t Miss: How Can I Pay My Macy’s Credit Card Bill
Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The TFWP is intended to help Canadian employers recruit foreign workers in response to labour market shortages.
TFWP is made up of four streams: high-skilled workers, low-skilled workers, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, and the Live-In Caregiver Program.
Foreign workers must have an approved job offer and a work permit before arriving in Canada under the TFWP.
Through the LMIA, IRCC works with Employment and Social Development Canada to ensure foreign workers do not take jobs for which Canadian citizens or permanent residents are available.;
Find out more about work permit conditions, validity and duration.;
Immigration.ca, in conjunction with our in-house recruitment enterprise;SkilledWorker, frequently helps employers and job seekers in the recruitment process and in securing favourable LMIAs and applying for Canada work permits and related Canadian visas.
Candidates who have a job offer in Canada and are ready to apply for a work permit should;complete the following questionnaire;for a free assessment.
Read More: Canada Work Permit
To Work In Canada As A Business Visitor
Youre coming to Canada to do business activities, but you will not be part of the Canadian labour market.
If this describes you, you do not need a work permit.
Note: Business people does not mean the same thing as business visitor. Make sure you understand the difference, because business people usually need work permits.
Recommended Reading: Is There A Best Buy Credit Card App
Entering The United States
A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry and request permission to enter the United States. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security , U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials at the port-of-entry have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States. If you are allowed to enter the United States, the CBP official will provide an admission stamp or paper Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record.;Learn more about admissions and entry requirements, restrictions about bringing food, agricultural products, and other restricted/prohibited goods, and more by reviewing the CBP website.
Work Permit For Canada From India
There are many reasons why people want to immigrate to Canada from India, such as to create a better future for their families, provide a good work-life balance, continue their studies, or maybe just to be in a larger economic environment that is very connected to the power of the United States because of career opportunities!
You May Like: Cabela Gift Card Balance Check
Who Needs A Temporary Work Visa For Canada
Anyone who intends to enter Canada with the reasons to work and earn a salary must get a Temporary Work Visa, or Work Permit. You must be involved in these activities to need the work permit:
- Your intention is to become employed in Canada with a salary.
- You will get your salary from a company that is registered in Canada as a business.
- Your primary location of work will be Canada.
- Your salary will be paid to you and deposited in a Canadian bank account.
However, if your place of work is outside Canada and you are in the country for a short period of time for work purposes, then you do not need a work permit.
Those who may not need a Canadian work permit are the following groups of visitors:
- Foreign Government Workers.
- Expert witnesses and investigators.
- Researchers who have to work in Canada for 120 days only.
If you do not belong to any of these groups, then you will need a Temporary Work Visa and Permit.
Submit Your Canada Work Visa Application
When you choose your work permit and understand the requirements, as well as meet them, you can complete and submit your visa application online.
Please Note: With the help of an immigration consultant, such as our affiliated Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants , you can check your eligibility and speed up your application processing time.
An RCIC can also inform you on how to improve your application to become eligible for Canadian immigration before you apply.
Select A Us Embassy Or Consulate:
- Review the instructions available on the website of the;embassy or consulate;where you will apply to learn more about fee payment.
- L visa applicants included in a L blanket petition: You must also pay the Fraud Prevention and Detection fee and may need to pay the Border Security Act fee. Select;All Fees;to learn more.
Am I Eligible To Apply For A Canadian Work Visa And Permit
In order to qualify, any applicant who wants to work in Canada temporarily must be eligible and fulfill the Canada work visa eligibility criteria as follows:
- Prove you are willing to leave Canada and return to your home country when your work permit expires.
- Respect the conditions of your work permit, depending on whether it is open and you can work for any employer or if it is specific and you are only allowed to work for one employer;
- Prove you will not work for an employer who is engaged in a work type that is prohibited such as striptease services, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages;
If you are applying for the work permit and visa from outside of Canada, so from your home country, you must also fulfill the Temporary Visa requirements.
On the other hand, if you are applying from inside Canada, then you must also fulfill these Canada work permit requirements:
- You are currently in Canada with a study permit or you have a work permit that will expire soon.
- Graduated from a Canadian educational institution.
- Gave a temporary resident permit that is valid for 6 or more months.
- Applied for refugee status in Canada and are waiting for a decision.
- You are already a refugee or protected person.
- Your application for refugee status has been denied but you cannot leave Canada for reasons beyond your control;
How We Can Help You Take The First Step To Canada
Applying for a visa can be time-consuming and difficult to wrap your head around. With strict deadlines, procedures and requirements, it can be easy to make a mistake that could cost you your chance to immigrate to Canada. But with the guidance and assistance of one of our knowledgeable Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants . the process will be stress-free.
When you choose to use our expert and government trusted service you will get:
- An in-depth eligibility assessment
- Guidance on which of 100+ immigration programs and visas to choose from;
- An immigration plan tailored to your individual needs;
- A review and submission of all application forms and documentation; as well as
- Support through every step of the application process.
All you have to do is;fill out our application form to receive your eligibility assessment and let us take care of the rest. Its just that simple! Your Canadian journey starts here.
Eligibility Requirements If You Apply When You Enter Canada At A Port Of Entry
You should apply for your work permit before you travel to Canada.
However, you can apply for a work permit when you enter Canada if youre eligible.
To apply at a port of entry , you must meet all of the following:
- be eligible to enter Canada while COVID-19 travel restrictions are in place
- meet other requirements depending on the type of work permit youre applying for
Don’t Miss: Www.macys.com/paybill
Results Of The Application
You will be notified by the embassy once the results of your application are ready. If your visa application is approved, a visa will be stamped on your passport. All submitted papers for the application will be returned to you.
Contact any of our Canadian immigration attorneys in , , , and to arrange your Visa to Canada in Thailand.
Foreign Skilled Worker Applies For A Work Permit
Once you have your LMIA and;Job Offer Letter;squared away, you then can apply for a Canadian Temporary Work Permit. If the employer that is hiring you is in the province of Quebec, then you may also need to obtain a;Certificat dacceptation du Québec in order to work temporarily in Quebec. In some cases, when applying for a temporary foreign worker permit, you will be required to attend an interview with a visa officer. If the visa officer is satisfied that the foreign workers employment will not adversely affect employment in Canada for Canadians and that the foreign worker qualifies for the position, then a Canada Work Permit will be issued.
Note:;In some cases, applicants from certain countries will be required to undergo medical examinations.
Read Also: How Do I Find My Cabela’s Club Number
What If My Work Permit Expires
If you want to stay in Canada longer than your work permit allows you to, you can extend the work permit with a Bridging Open Work Permit .In this case, however, your Canadian employer, job, and location of work must remain the same.
Should you have an employer-specific work permit and would like to change employers, you can apply for an open work permit.
In the case that your Canada work permitexpires before you have the chance to apply for an extension or a different permit, you have 90 days to restore it but are not allowed to work during this period. If your application does not get approved, you must leave Canada and reapply for it.
How To Apply For A Working Holiday Visa In Canada
The Canadian Working Holiday Visa is an extremely popular option and has strict quotas for each county that is filled every year. The application process is a 2-step process that consists of creating an online profile and submitting a complete application. Here are the most important initial steps:
- Step 1: Create an online profile where youll be asked questions based on the criteria listed below.
- Step 2: Wait for the draw to take place where you will need to receive an invitation. You need to complete your profile within 10 days of receiving this invitation.
- Step 3: Submit an application within 20 days of receiving your ITA.
You need the following to apply:
- Valid passport;
- Be a part of the 34 participating countries;
- Aged 18-35 ;
- $2, 500 to cover initial expenses;
- Health insurance;
Don’t Miss: Best Buy Credit App
Other Types Of Visa Categories
There are other categories of foreign workers;that dont actually need visas.
A business person comes to Canada to do work under the framework of one of the free trade agreements Canada has signed. Business people need work permits.
A business visitor takes part in business activities without being part of the labour market. Business visitors dont need work permits.
To Work In Canada As A Family Member Of A Foreign Representative
You do not need a work permit if you meet these three requirements:
- Youre the spouse or child of a foreign representative.
- Youre accredited by Global Affairs Canada .
- You have a letter of no objection from GAC . To find out how to get this letter, contact GACs Office of Protocol.
If you do not meet these requirements, you need a work permit. Find out if youre eligible for a work permit.
Don’t Miss: Cabelas Credit Card Balance