Do I Need A Tourist Visa To Enter Russia
Travellers from most countries will need a tourist visa to enter Russia. However, there are several countries excluded from this requirement.
- Nationals of countries that can get an e-visa to enter Russia for tourism purposes.
- Nationals of countries exempt from the visa requirement.
- Travelers on a cruise or ship entering Russia through the ports of Anadyr, Kaliningrad, Korsakov, Novorossiysk, Murmansk, Sevastopol, Sochi, Saint Petersburg , Vladivostok, Vyborg & Zarubino will be allowed Visa-free visits for up to 72 hours. in order to be eligible for this type of visa-free entry, travellers must spend the night on-board or in accommodation specifically approved by the travel agency.
Steps To Apply For A Tourist Russian Visa
When applying for a visa, you must provide the following information:
- The electronically completed Visa application form
- Passport . In some Visa Centers they will also ask you a photocopy of your passport identity page.
- Letter of invitation or visa support
Next Ill explain the step-by-step process of obtaining your visa. Remember that the visa application form must be filled out with information from your letter of invitation and must clearly state the dates of your visit and which cities you will be staying in. Because of this, its better to gather your documents and complete the form once you have all of the information you need for the visa application.
After You Arrive In Russia
You will be able to travel to Russia within the given dates of the validity of your visa. However, there are additional things you need to do after you arrive in Russia.
Recommended Reading: Td Bank Visa Gift Card Fee
Is It Safe To Use Ivisa To Get My Russia Invitation Letter
Many people think that information online leaks and that it can get into the wrong hands. However, that is not the case with our services. We provide maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
Tourist Visa To Russia
With only a few exceptions, the majority of foreign passport holders who wish to travel to the Russian Federation are required to apply for a Russia visa to enter the country, no matter the duration or purpose of the stay. Citizens of eligible countries who want to enjoy a holiday in the country are able to apply for a Russia tourist visa for short stays.
There are currently 2 main types of Russian visas for tourism purposes:
- The Russia eVisa. Travelers from over 50 eligible countries can apply for this new electronic visa online from the comfort of their home. It allows tourists to visit and move within specific Russian regions for short stays. The eVisa application process is easy and straightforward and is designed to only take minutes. There is no need to visit a Russian embassy or consulate.
- The traditional Russian tourist visa. This visa must be obtained through a Russian diplomatic mission or by hiring a Russian travel agency. It requires applicants to submit hard copies of all supporting documents, including an invitation letter and details of their travel itinerary and booked accommodation.
Don’t Miss: Cabelas Credit Card Interest
If Invitation Letter Cost Is Zero Why Do I Need To Pay
It is a difficult process to obtain an invitation letter and it is a necessary requirement to apply to the Russian visa. To obtain your invitation letter with iVisa, you will only need a few minutes of your time and we do the rest. Then, you will be able to obtain your invitation letter in as little as 30 minutes! That is why we charge you a small service fee.
Russian Tourist Visa From Canada
Citizens of Canada can obtain a tourist visa in case they are planning to enter the Russian Federation to visit different cities or for the purpose of rehabilitation at the health resorts. In this case in order to receive an invitation to obtain a visa a foreign citizen should apply to a tourist company. Only those companies which have their own reference-number can issue such invitations. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Canadians can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The outward appearance of a tourist visa is not significant. It is more important that the invitation would contain an inviting companys reference-number and other information as well as the passport data of an invited foreign citizen. The names of the cities which a foreigner will visit should be also indicated there, as well as the hotels he/she is staying at.
Furthermore, a tourist invitation issued by a tourist company should have the information on the dates of the trip and number of the entries. Single or double entry visa to Russia from Canada can be obtained by a foreign citizen for a period of up to 30 days.
Russian Tourist Visa Application Requirementsgather And Send The Following Documents To Visa Express:
All U.S. nationals who wish to enter Russia for an excursion, sightseeing, cultural events, or other forms of tourism need a Russian visa. Once it is confirmed that a Russian travel agency will host an American tourist, such a visa will be issued. Regular Russian visas can be single entry or double entry that grants a maximum stay of 30 days. However, the simplified visa agreement between the United States and the Russian Federation allows for a 3-year multi-entry Russian visa for Americans. As a result, Americans can take advantage of the 3-year multiple entry visas if they wish to enter and stay in Russia for a long period of timeThis guideline will shed light on everything you need to obtain a visa to Russia.
Fill Out The Visa Application Form
Once you have all of the information you need as far as dates, entries/exits, a current passport, and your letter of invitation, you are ready to fill out the visa application form.
The form can be filled out electronically by visiting:
The application should include your personal information, the purpose of your visit , your itinerary and dates, your insurance policy information and other information that Ill show you here.
When you go to fill out the form for the first time, you should select your country and the language you would like to continue in. Also mark in the box that you have read the introductory information. Next, click Complete new application form.
You can leave your form incomplete and come back another day but make sure to write down the code you are given in reference to your account since you will need it, along with your last name and answer to your security question, in order to log back in to your account. If you forget your code, you will have to fill out a new application.
Choose a password to be able to recover the form later . If you have any problem to retrieve a completed form, you can fill in a new form.
The first information they will ask on the application under the Visa details section are:
- If you had USSR or Russian nationality at some time
- Purpose of visit and visa category and type
- Number of entries
- Date of entry into Russia / Date of exit
You May Like: How Do I Find My Cabela’s Club Number
What Is A Migration Card And Where Do I Get It
Upon entering the Russian Federation, you must complete a migration card. If applicable, visitors will be required to indicate their visa information on the migration card. Upon arriving at your destination in the Russian Federation, the migration card should be presented to the host party who is responsible for registering the spectator in the migration record.
Notice of the foreign citizen’s arrival in the Russian Federation must be submitted to the local agency of the Federal Migration Service within seven working days after arrival. This procedure should be carried out by the Host Party .
Collect Your Passport With Your Visa
If you apply in person, in order to collect your passport with your visa you will need to present the original receipt given to you during the submission. If you wish to nominate somebody to collect the passport on your behalf, they must carry the original receipt.
Processing times vary from application to application and are at the sole discretion of the Russian Consulate. Processing times under normal circumstances are as follows:
- Normal application10 Calendar Days from the day the documents are submitted to the Russian Consulate for review.
- Urgent application 3 Business Days from the day the documents are submitted to the Russian Consulate for review.
The final result of the whole process is your passport with your visa attached to one of the pages. Check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of trip immediately after collection of the passport. The Embassy of the Russian Federation in USA accept resubmission of passports for correction on the day of the passport collection only.
Below is an example of a tourist visa , with the information you should check:
You May Like: First Premier Cards
What Is The Difference Between Russian Visa Voucher And Invitation
Russian tourist voucher for a visa is exactly the same document as Russian Visa Invitation. Sometimes, it is also called “Russian visa voucher”. So if you are looking for a guide on how to get Russian tourist voucher for visa, you have come to the right place.
iVisaOnline provides hassle-free and reliable Russian visa invitation letter service at reasonable prices. If you are ready to start the process, please choose your citizenship in the form below
Delivery And Collection Details
1. Royal Mail special delivery – Please note: we are not responsible for the Royal Mail service and we cannot ship overseas.
2. RNTO courier service – We are able to arrange a courier through a Courier Service company. Please confirm your preferred time for delivery.
3. Collection from RNTO office – You can pick up your passport from our office at 202 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 4DP. You can send someone else to pick up your passport. Please notify us in advance concerning any third-party collection.
4. Client’s courier – If you arrange your own courier, please enclose a self-addressed envelope and make sure the courier has the required information about the item.
You May Like: Create Netflix Account Without Credit Card
The Consulate Also Has The Right To Request The Following Documentation
- Proof of Financial Ability: You must provide a copy of a recent bank statement or a letter from your bank verifying you have sufficient funds to support yourself. Bank statement must contain your name and address. Your bank account number does not have to appear on the statement
- Employment Verification letter from your employer stating wages for the most recent year, or half year or month. For Self-Employed, letter of incorporation/business registration document
- Real-estate ownership documents : Deed/etc
- Copy of Marriage Certificate Divorce Decree or Death certificate. For children: Copy of birth certificate.
- For children under 18 years of age: All above documents should be from parents: Bank statement, Real-estate, Employment, etc.
- Copy of health insurance valid in Russia, covering the first trip .
- Hotel reservation.
For same day service, please contact our office at 473 2233
This visa fee includes official mandatory invitation from our Moscow office, registered with the Ministry of Foreign or Internal Affairs in Moscow, consular fee and our service charge.
How To Apply For A Russia Evisa From India
Indian citizens can apply for electronic visas for Russia online from anywhere in the world as long as they have access to a reliable internet connection.
The online application is designed to only take minutes. The applicant needs to:
- Fill out the eVisa application form in all its parts as accurately as possible
- Upload copies of the necessary documents, including their valid Indian passport
- Pay the application fee with a credit or debit card
You May Like: How To Pay Best Buy Credit Card On App
Have A Valid Passport
To apply for a visa, you must have a Passport that is valid for at least six months after your visa expires. You should also have at least two blank pages available.
To apply for the visa you must submit your original passport, which will remain in the hands of the Consulate or Russian Visa Center for a few days. This is because the visa will be attached to one of the pages of your passport.
You must also submit a .
Your passport must not present any type of deterioration such as being torn on the cover, be stained or having broken pages. In these cases it is better to renew the passport before applying for the visa, since in the consulate they are usually very strict and they wont approve the visa if the passport is damaged.
How Do I Apply For A Russian Tourist Visa
There are two ways to apply for a Russian tourist visa once you have the documents. You can either use an agency or go to the consulate yourself. Unless you live in a city where there is a Russian consulate, your only real option is to use an agency.
Even if you live in a city with a Russian consulate, you should still work with an agency based on our experience. We have applied in person on numerous occasions. While they are friendly enough, it can be nearly impossible to get an appointment. Consulate workers also do not speak English well . The $129 fee VisaHQ takes to process your Russian visa application is money well spent. The Russian consulate will test your nerves, and you must make at least two trips.
If you speak Russian and have applied for visas before, you should be fine. For more information, check out our detailed walkthrough for applying at a Russian consulate in the US.
Using an agency is stress-free. While there is a cost associated with it, you will save a considerable amount of time, energy, and nerves.
VisaHQ is our provider of choice for Russian tourist visas in the US, and you cant go wrong with them. Their prices are competitive, and they have considerable experience helping people get tourist visas. You can find all the information on their website, but you can reach out to us on our contact page if you have questions.
Can I Use A Tourist Visa To Travel On My Own
Tourist visa allows you to enter the country not only for the purpose of tourism but also to participate in business negotiations or visit Russian relatives and friends. However, the official purpose of your visit should be the tourism. To get a tourist visa, you will need an Invitation Letter issued by some licensed entity, including all information which can be necessary for the Consulate and proving the hotel booking. Our company can help you with getting such an Invitation Letter, and you wont need to book a hotel to obtain it.
Who Needs A Visa To Travel To Russia
Residents of most countries, including Canada and the United States, must obtain a visa prior to their trip to Russia. The process can be tricky and complicated, and travelers should prepare to wait weeks as you’re probably already aware, the Russian government is notoriously strict when it comes to foreigners who want to visit or pass through the country. There are over 75 Russian visa categories for U.S. citizens to choose from, but the most common is the tourist visa.
Don’t Miss: How To Pay Best Buy Credit Card On App
Can You Stay Where You Want
You can stay both in hotels and in private apartments . Your Russian visa invitation document is a confirmation from a travel agency that they will be responsible for you during your trip and it may contain a list of hotels where you might be staying. However, these hotels are not listed in your actual visa and you are not obliged by the law to stay in these hotels.
Tips And Considerations Before Applying
Adhering to Russian visa regulations is very important if you want to avoid being detained by the Russian government during your trip. Any U.S. citizen who doesn’t comply with Russian visa laws is subject to arrest and/or deportation for this reason it’s simply not a good idea to travel on an expired visa or procure the wrong type of visa.
Before applying for your visa, keep in mind that the application is quite lengthy and intensive, so you’ll need to set aside sufficient time to be able to finish. In addition, though you can technically apply for a tourist visa anywhere from 30 to 90 days before departure, the sooner you apply, the better. Don’t wait until you’re 30 days from departure to start filling out the application.
Prior to applying, you must first get an official document called a “visa invitation” from an organization recognized by the Russian Foreign Ministry typically, this is either a hotel or tour operator. Travelers to Russia must also purchase or show proof of health insurance that covers overseas travel.