Proof Of Sufficient Financial Means
When you apply for an Indonesian visa, you have to be able to prove that you can sustain yourself financially during your stay. Proof of sufficient funds can be bank statements showing transactions from the last three months, officially issued from your bank. You need about $2,000 for a stay of one month.
If you have a sponsor who will be covering your expenses, such as a host company for business travelers, they must show
What Is The Duration Of An Indonesia Visa
The validity of a Tourist Visa for Indonesia is 30 days and for a single entry. This type of visa can be extended for another 30 days before expiration.
Visas on Arrival are also valid for 30 days and extendable.
A multiple-entry Indonesia visa is valid for one year. You cannot stay longer than 60 days on each entry.
Limited stay visas are issued for six months, one year, or two years.
If you are from one of the countries with visa exemption, you can enter Indonesia without a visa and stay up to 30 days as well , but you cannot apply for an extension!
How To Obtain A Visa And Residence Permit In Indonesia In 2020
Russians lead the way in the number of tourists who visited Indonesia in 2019. During the year, around 158,000 people entered the country to relax or spend the winter in a warm climate. The islands of Bali, Java, Lombok and Flores are particularly popular.
Russian citizens have the right to enter Indonesia without a visa if they expect to spend no more than 30 days in the country.
In March 2020, Indonesia closed the border to tourists. The restrictions will remain in place until at least the end of 2020. But a foreigner can enter the country with a business visa or a residence permit.
It is possible to apply for a business visa online. It is issued for 60 days, after which it is extended for 30 days. A foreigner can extend the visa four times to stay in the country for up to six months.
A residence permit can be obtained for an investment of 1 billion Indonesian rupiah or from $70,000. The foreigner needs to open a business or invest in an operating company. The residence permit is granted for one or two years. The investor can enter and leave the country many times.
Wealthy Russians can invest a little more money and obtain citizenship in another island state with a warmer climate in Oceania or the Caribbean.
A Vanuatu passport is issued for an investment from $130,000 into a government fund. The process takes just one or two months.
Caribbean citizenship can be obtained by investing from $100,000 in the countrys economy. The processing time is from 3 months.
Don’t Miss: Prepaid2cash Alternative
Can You Extend An Indonesian Kitas
Yes, you can. You can extend a KITAS by going to the offices of the Directorate General of Immigration before the KITAS expires and requesting an extension. You will need to present several documents, as related to your immigration status, such as:
- The completed KITAS renewal application form
- Letter from your sponsor or guarantor
- Your valid passport
- RPTKA from the Ministry of Manpower if you are renewing your work KITAS
- Copy of marriage certificate, a letter from the spouse, ID card of your spouse, etc., if you are renewing a Spouse KITAS
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate for the dependents of the main KITAS holder
- Any other documents that the immigration officers require you to submit
You also have to pay a renewal fee.
Once you have renewed your KITAS continuously for 2-4 years, then you become eligible for a KITAP, which is a permanent residence permit.
KITAS issued for three months are usually not eligible for renewal since they are issued for temporary work.
Indonesia Visa Applicable Areas: Where To Go With An Indonesian Visa
With just one application, Indonesia visa holders will be able to visit the whole Indonesian territory, which includes thousands of islands as Indonesia is the worlds greatest archipelago.
The Indonesian visa is necessary to see some of the most internationally renowned tourist destinations in the world. The islands of Bali and Java, for example, receive millions of visitors every year, who are attracted by places like:
Don’t Miss: Ulta Shopping Cart Trick
Applying For Indonesia Tourist Visa At An Embassy/consulate
If you are not eligible for an Indonesia Visa on Arrival, you have to apply for an Indonesia Tourist Visa at an Embassy or Consulate of Indonesia abroad. The process for an Indonesian Tourist Visa application is:
Digital Nomads & Remote Workers
The pandemic and the increasing popularity of freelancer websites gave rise to the digital nomad life style working from anywhere online, getting paid to a bank account outside of Indonesia, not paying any taxes, having clients from all over the world. And there are many people in Bali who do just that. Technically, from the perspective of having a business visa, this is still a very “grey area “and Indonesia has been discussing to issue special visas for digital nomads, but there is nothing official yet.
What is clear is, with the visit visas that exist right now, you CANNOT work in Indonesia and make an income, particularly you cannot be paid in Indonesia. And the classic digital nomad, who works and lives in Indonesia, and offers freelance services but not declaring any income, and also not having a legal structure and a permit to do so in Indonesia is at risk of violating quite a few regulations. Many nomads are not aware of that.
Then there is the remote worker who is registered officially abroad and works for a company abroad. They come to Bali for a staycation, and instead of being in a home-office they are in Bali. That’s less critical than being a digital nomad in relation to the visa status. And nobody can or does check wether these remote workers are on a long holiday or doing a sabbatical. But, also here, it’s a grey area and nobody gets into trouble, until they do. The following chapter is very important in relation to “staying longer in Indonesia”.
Also Check: Credit Cards That Check Transunion
What Should I Do If I Did All The Extensions And Still Want To Stay In Indonesia
After 6 monthsB211A ONSHORE VISAtotal 5 monthsstayfor a year or moreapplyKITAS
- For foreigners over 55 years old who wish to retire in Indonesia. KITAS is valid for 1 year.
- INVESTMENT KITASForeigners who have invested under PMA or a company registered in Indonesia. This KITAS is valid for a maximum of 2 years
- Foreigners who are employed by Indonesian companies. The KITAS is valid for 1 year.
- ENTERTAINMENT KITASFor those foreigners who are freelancers and work as yoga teachers, photographers, or DJs. This KITAS is valid for 6 months maximum.
Indonesia Tourist Visa Extension
You can extend both the Indonesia Tourist Visa and Indonesia Visa On Arrival beyond their initial 30 days. You have to apply for a visa extension at the Immigration Office in Indonesia within the 7 days before the visa expires.
The Tourist Visa extension fee is the same as the initial visa fee you paid .
Note: If you are exempt from visa requirements, and you enter Indonesia without a visa, you cannot apply for an extension of stay. You must leave Indonesia before the 30 days are up. If you do not, when you depart, you will have to pay an overstay fee, which is approximately USD 70 per day.
Also Check: Remove Credit Card From Play Store
Should I Buy Travel Insurance For Indonesia
Traveling to Bali soon for fun and enjoyment? If yes, then get yourself some peace of mind with a Travel Insurance Policy before you are set for your journey. It is not mandatory but having one will definitely be a good idea in case you of emergency. Anyone visiting Bali should buy Travel Insurance :
Do I Need A Visa If I Am Just In Transit In Indonesia
All travelers passing through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport for less than 24 hours, or other Indonesian airports for less than 8 hours, do not need an Indonesia transit visa.
However, it is necessary for passengers transiting through Ngurah Rai International Airport, for those changing terminals in Soekarno-Hatta Airport, to have a visa, unless they are from one of the visa-exempt countries for Indonesia.
You May Like: Citibank Online Best Buy
How To Apply For Bali
Traveling to Bali as a tourist, then your stay will most probably be less than 30 days. If that is the case, then you can get Visa on Arrival. Only things that you will have to produce at the airport will be :
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with two blank visa pages.
- Proof of onward and return flights.
The process to apply for a tourist visa when your stay will be more than 30 days:
- Visit online for the procedure and download the application form.
- Draft a cover letter stating the purpose of the visit.
- Check your passport as it should be valid for 6 month and have 2 empty pages.
- Paste your photographs to the form. The photographs can be just 3 months old.
- Get your confirmed air tickets and enclose it with the application form.
- A fee of 10 or 25USD is to be paid along with the file.
- Show proof of your hotel booking in Bali Indonesia. If you are lucky to have a sponsor in Bali, then produce a letter of the sponsor. The file processing time will take about 3-4 days.
- The applicant should have adequate funds in the bank. It is to prove that your stay will be comfortable when you are in Bali.
- All applicants get a file tracking number which will help you to know the status of your visa.
- After all the processes are complete, you may collect your passport. Get Set Go for happy times.
Indonesian Visa For Us Citizens
To enter Indonesia there are some important points to note below:
- A free entry stamp is valid for 30 days and not a day longer. A list of countries offering free entry is listed here.
- Two of your 30 days are taken by your arrival day and the day of your departure.
- You must have at least one free page on your passport.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months.
- Visa on arrival is $35 per person. This is the only tourist visa which may be extended.
- If you overstay any visa, be prepared to pay the $70/IDR1, 000,000-per-day penalty.
It must be noted, if your passport does not meet these requirements, youll be denied entry into Indonesia. The Indonesian Government doesnt recognize the 12-page U.S. emergency passport as a valid travel document for visa-free travel, and, if traveling on this emergency passport, you may be refused boarding and/or entry by immigration officials. If you travel on a limited validity passport, such as an emergency passport, you must obtain a visa prior to arriving in Indonesia.
Recommended Reading: Is It Better To Pay Credit Card In Full
How Much Does A Visa Cost
When you apply for a visa at a Dutch embassy or consulate, you must pay a fee. You can find the fee on the . If you apply through an external service provider, such as a visa agency, you will have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- children under 6 years
- school pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training
- researchers travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research or participating in a scientific seminar or conference*
- representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
*as defined in point of Article 3 of Directive 2016/801 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Get Your Single Entry Business Visa And Enter Indonesia
Get your Single Entry Business Visa and enter Indonesia! As we all know, entering Indonesia during this global pandemic has been a nightmare for many families, businesses owners and individuals with an invested interest in visiting Indonesia.
It has not been possible to enter Indonesia using conventional visas, but now it is possible using a Single Entry Business Visa as long as it is sponsored by a company.
Exemptions are now being made for specific reasons, which include:
Business or investment purposes
LetsMoveIndonesia is proud to have been the first agency in Indonesia to offer this service at our pre-covid price and has subsequently assisted thousands of foreigners enter Indonesia.
Recommended Reading: Citibank Best Buy Credit Card App
Indonesia Visa Application Form
Different Embassies/Consulates have their own requirements where to download or fill in the visa application form. Some offer it at their premises, whereas others allow you to print it out yourself or complete it online before applying.
In all cases, you must hand in at least one copy of the Indonesia visa application form along with the rest of the required documents. The visa application form must:
- Be fully completed
- Be signed
- Include a picture of yourself, as described above
How To Get An Indonesian Visa On Arrival
Citizens of several countries are eligible to apply for an Indonesian visa on arrival . This can be done directly at the airport, upon reaching Indonesia. The visa on arrival is valid for 30 days and can be extended by paying an additional fee.
Although the visa on arrival can be convenient for those deciding to leave last-minute, many prefer to apply for a visa in advance either online or at the nearest Indonesian embassy or consulate.
That is because visas on arrival require visitors to travel with the necessary documents and the exact amount necessary to pay the visa application fee. Moreover, the VOA may result in long queues at the airport and is not available at all points of entry.
You May Like: Cabelas Club Mastercard
Do I Need A Visa To Transit In Indonesia
If you are normally exempt from holding an Indonesian Tourist Visa, then you also do not need an Indonesia airport transit visa.
But if you are from one of the countries listed above, then you do have to apply for an Indonesia visa unless:
- You will transit in Jakarta and
- You have a confirmed onward flight ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours, and
- You do not leave the international transit area of the airport and
- You have the necessary documents for the next destination
- You will transit in an airport other than Jakarta and
- You have an onward flight ticket within 8 hours and
- You do not leave the international transit area of the airport and
- You have the necessary documents for the next destination
Who Needs A Visa For Indonesia
Whether one needs an Indonesian visa depends on several factors, including:
- The country issuing their passport and their type of passport
- The amount of time they intend to spend in Indonesia
- The reason for their travel
Many foreign nationals are allowed into Indonesia visa-free for limited periods of time , and for tourism purposes. However, those who intend to stay longer or travel for other reasons may need to apply for a visa in advance. Depending on ones specific circumstances, this can be done online thanks to the electronic visa application system, or in-person through an Indonesian consulate or embassy.
It is also possible for some to require a visa on arrival upon reaching the Indonesian border. Many travelers find this inconvenient because of the potentially long lines and waiting times at the airport.
You May Like: Red Card Interest Rate
Single Entry Visa Extensions
Our prices for visa extension in Jakarta or Bali vary slightly:
Bali: Our visa extension prices vary between 1,000,000 1,300,000 depending on the urgency of extension. We advise customers to hand in their passport to us with plenty of time to avoid additional cost.
Jakarta: Our visa extension price is 1,300,000.
Additional Notes: Currently we can only service visa extensions in the Jakarta & Bali area speak to one of our team if you require extensions outside Jakarta & Bali.
Why Use Letsmoveindonesia The Real Question Is Why Would You Use Anyone Else
1. Simply put, we are the trendsetters of visa services in Indonesia. Since implementing our price for the Single Entry Business Visa back in September 2020, the rest of the agencies have followed our lead. Prior to us revolutionising the market, the other agents were charging 10,000,000 IDR plus! If we hadnt have promoted a reasonable price, many still would be charging extortionate prices!
Whilst most agencies have since copied our prices, advertising, artwork and text, they cannot copy our dedication to promoting ethical practices and our dedication to delivering quality service, paired with competitive prices.
2. We are a national agency with offices in Jakarta & Bali. We are the only agency in Jakarta located in a mall so our customers can visit at their convenience. We have been operating since 2016 and have helped tens of thousands of expatriates during our time.
3. Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been hundreds of pop-up agents sprouting up. Most of these agents are untested, do not have business addresses or landlines, do not have the funds required for sponsoring visas and therefore borrow customers bank statements to prove valid funds and many make false claims about their business longevity and office locations.
5. At the end of 2021 LetsMoveIndonesia won The Best Visa & Business Consultancy Award by the National Award Foundation for our tireless efforts to improve the expatriate services industry and for being the market leaders in what we do.
Read Also: Cabelas Pay Bill