What Is A Schengen Visa
The Schengen Visa26 countries and member statesAustria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerlanda Schengen VisaRead: Step-By-Step Guide to Applying for a UK Visa
Golden Visa O Programa Para Investidores
Por Que Escolher o Golden Visa?
Possibilidade de solicitar a cidadania portuguesa ou residência permanente após cinco anos de manutenção do investimento no país. Permissão para viajar sem visto por toda Área Schengen. Não é obrigatório residir em Portugal, apenas uma visita de sete dias por ano. Opções variadas de investimentos: fundos, imobiliário, cultural, criação de empregos, etc. Possibilidade de extensão dos benefícios para a família com um único investimento.
Investimentos Aptos ao Golden Visa
Investimento Imobiliário | EUR 500.000*. Investimento imobiliário para Reabilitação | EUR 350.000*. Aquisição de quotas de fundos de investimento ou fundos de capital de risco: EUR 500.000. Transferência de capital | EUR 1.500.000. Transferência de capital aplicada em atividades de investigação científica | EUR 500.000. Transferência de capital aplicada ao apoio à produção artística ou cultural nacional | EUR 250.000. Criação de 10 postos de trabalho em Portugal. Constituição de empresa ou reforço de capital de empresa já constituída em território nacional e criação de 5 postos de trabalho | 500 mil euros
Filhos ou enteados menores ou com deficiência. Filhos ou enteados com mais de 18 anos*. Cônjuges ou companheiros.
*Ver condições com os nossos consultores.
Applying For A Visa To Sweden
A Schengen visa is required for persons of certain nationalities who wish to visit the Schengen countries. A Schengen visa can be issued for a maximum of 90 days. U.S citizens do not need a visa to visit Sweden if the visit is 90 days or less. Visa applications for travel to Sweden can be submitted to one of the VFS Global Visa Application Centers in the USA.
> List of foreign citizens who require a visa for SwedenInformation on travel to Sweden during the Covid-19 pandemic here.
Please note that all travellers are responsible for verifying the travel restriction in place before departure. A Schengen visa is not a guarantee for entry to Sweden or the Schengen area. The Swedish Border Police will determine whether a person meets the entry conditions. The assessments will be made at the border.
The Embassy will not be able to do any assessments or answer any additional questions in regard to the entry ban or its categories of exemption.
All Schengen visa application in the U.S should be submitted to VFS Global in the U.S. For more information about the process and how to schedule an appointment please visit the VFS Global website in the U.S.
All Schengen visa application in Canada should be submitted to VFS Global in Canada. For more information about the process and how to schedule an appointment please visit the VFS Global website in Canada.
VFS Global charges an additional service fee of $47.24 USD per application .
Also Check: Cabelas Credit Cards
Schengen Visa Requirements For Us Green Card Holders And Permanent Residents
To apply for a Schengen visa in the US, you need to submit the following documents:
- Visa application form completely fulfilled with the required information. Try to avoid any mistakes, and give correct and honest information. Here you can find a guide on how to fill up a visa application form! After giving the information you are asked to, print the form twice, and sign both copies at the end.
- A valid passport or Travel document. Please make sure that:
- Your passport has been issued within the previous 10 years,
- Your passport has 2 full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and an additional spare page,
- Your passport will be valid for at least three months after the date you exit the EU.
Do Green Card Holders Need A Visa To Travel To Europe
US Green Card holders, who are also nationals of third countries that have not established a visa-free regime with the EU, will need to obtain a Schengen Visa, in order to be able to travel to Europe.
If you have read the article so far and you are already convinced that you do not need a visa to enter Europe from the US, read about EU entry requirements for US Citizens.
Read Also: Jcp Credit Card Interest Rate
Where Do You Apply For Schengen Visa
- No matter where they are applying from, all applicants must apply for a Schengen visa through a specific Schengen country.
- Where you apply to depends on where in the Schengen area you will be spending the most time on your trip.
- For example, if you are going to the Schengen area and you plan on visiting both Germany and France, but you will spend the majority of your time in France, you should apply for a Schengen visa from France.
- If you are spending an equal amount of time in multiple countries, you should apply for a Schengen visa from the country of your first entry to the Schengen area. For example, if you are flying directly from Islamabad to Berlin, but then spending an equal amount of time in both Germany, and France, you should apply for a Schengen visa for Germany.
Who Can Apply For A Schengen Visa In Uae
On the other hand, all those living in any of the seven emirates of the UAE, who do not hold a UAE passport, and do not belong to any of the Schengen visa-exempt categories, will need to obtain a visa. To determine whether you need a visa, please check the list of nationals who are required to have a Schengen Visa.
Persons who can apply to get a Schengen Visa in UAE should belong to one of the categories below:
- UAE passport holders that have been refused visa-free entry to the Schengen area previously
- Foreigners living in UAE on a permanent or temporary residence permit, who:
- are nationals of a country that has an agreement on a visa-free regime with Schengen, but have been refused visa-free entry to Europe
- are nationals of any of the countries that do not have a visa-free regime with the Schengen countries
Recommended Reading: Best Buy Credit Card Payment Address Citibank
Belgium Visa Processing Time
After you submit your Belgium visa application, the processing time may take up to 15 days. It can take longer in situations like:
- Up to 30 days if the number of people applying for a Belgium visa is too high or because of individual cases.
- Up to 60 days in specific cases, such as if the embassy needs to forward your application for further approval in Belgium.
You should always consider the processing time of your visa to calculate the dates of your planned trip and apply for the visa well in advance. You should also consider the time it takes to get a visa appointment to know when to start the application process.
What Is The Schengen Area
The Schengenarea is an area of 26 member countries in the Europe that have standardized thevisa requirements, including the border control. In order to visit one or more Schengencountries, citizens of many countries need to get the visa only once, calledSchengen visa. There are no internalborder controls within the Schengen countries.
Thefollowing European countries are currently part of the Schengen area:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Also Check: First Premier Mastercard Reviews
Applying For A Visa To Poland In Abu Dhabi & Dubai
Polish Embassy in UAE in Abu Dhabi handles Schengen visa applications directly. Therefore, you will have to submit your application there. Initially, you need to fulfil the application form through the electronic customer service system e-konsulat.
Visa application forms, which were not registered via the e-konsulat, will not be accepted.
Contact details & address
Address: Delma Street 13 / Karamah 14, P.O. Box 2334,
Phone: +971 2 446 5200Email:
How Long Can You Stay In Europe With A Schengen Visa
Youll be able to stay in the Schengen area for as long as is stated on your visa. This is usually up to 90 days for a short stay tourist Schengen visa.
|Schengen visas may come with a few different valid periods|
Don’t Miss: Td Bank Card Balance
What Documents Do Us Residents Need To Present At Eu Port Of Entry
When you show at the border of the Schengen Area, your residency no longer matters. It is your citizenship that is taken into account. Whether you are a US passport holder or a foreign national, you will still have to present some documents to the border officer. In general, these documents are as follows.
- Passport that must be valid for at least three more months beyond their intended date of departure from the Schengen Area.
- Valid visa affixed to a passport page
- Evidence on their purpose of entry documents that show why the US resident is traveling to the Schengen Area.
- Proof of sufficient meansof subsistence Documents that prove the traveler has the financial means to support themselves during their whole stays in Europe. This could be a bank statement issued within the last three months, which confirms the traveler has enough money for their trip to Europe.
You may also need to show additional entry documents depending on the countries you will be traveling to. Be sure to investigate each destination country and any additional paperwork required prior to your trip.
How Long Does It Take To Receive The Visa
It is advisable to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at least 2 weeksprior to the planned trip. The Embassy Consulate will then reply in 10 working days as common , the time taken to proceed with all the documentation and the travellers request. Depending on the situation, proceeding time might take up to two months if there is something extraordinary with the individual case or any unusual political situation is on the go.
Recommended Reading: 1-800-850-8402
How To Apply For Schengen Visa From Usa
Though it might sound like tons of work and requirements in fact, applying for a Schengen visa from the US is simple, especially if you fulfill the eligibility criteria. As a start, in order to get your application ready, you need to figure out a couple of things as:
S For Applying For A Schengen Visa From Saudi Arabia
1. Think about when you want to travel
- Apply no earlier 6 months before travelling
- Apply no later than 2 weeks before travelling
2. Think about where you want to go
- Decide where you want to go in the Schengen area. If you want to travel to more than one country, determine which country you will be spending the most time in.
- The country you will be spending the most time in is the country you will apply for a Schengen visa.
- For example, if you plan on traveling to Belgium, Spain, and France, and you are entering the Schengen area in Belgium, but spending the majority of your trip in Spain, you should apply for a Schengen visa for Spain.
3. Think about your purpose for travel
- Think about the nature of your journey to the Schengen area your purpose for travelling will determine the type of visa you will apply for.
- For example, if you are travelling to the Schengen area to have a medical procedure, you will apply for a medical Schengen visa.
4. Think about how many entries you need
You May Like: Cabela’s Credit Card Requirements
Requirements For Schengen Tourist Visa
Below is a guide on the general requirements for a Schengen Visa. However, it is advisable to consult the local embassy/consulate for further information regarding each application.
- Complete and sign the ETIAS application form
- Attach a recent passport-style photo that shows a full, clear, and front view of the applicantâs face with a white or off-white background
- Passengerâs passport with photocopies of all previous Schengen visas. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for a minimum of 3 months
- Round trip reservations such as hotel/room/flight bookings, together with their identifying reservation numbers. The flight information must clearly indicate the travelerâs entry and exit dates from the Schengen Area
- Travel health insurance, covering the whole travel period within the Schengen member states
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support oneself during the trip
What Documents Do Uae Citizens Need To Enter Europe Visa
Even though UAE passport holders do not need to be in possession of a Schengen visa in order to be permitted to enter the Schengen Area, they will still need to present some documents at the port of entry. The border officer is the one who gives the final decision whether they shall be permitted to enter or not.
These documents are as follows:
- UAE passport or travel document. It must be valid for at least three more months beyond their intended stay in Europe
- Evidence on their purpose of visit
- Proof they possess the required financial means to support their stay in Schengen
- Other documents that may be required by specific states
UAE citizens can travel without a Schengen visa in the European countries part of the Schengen Area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
Don’t Miss: Td Bank Visa Gift Card Fee
When Should I Apply
The best time to apply is at least 15 days before the intended visit to Europe. If you can apply even earlier than that, it is even better although not earlier than 3 months before the intended visit!
Holders of multiple-entry visas may apply six months before the expiry date of the valid visa.
Requirements and guidelines:
Do Us Citizens Need A Schengen Visa To Travel To Europe
U.S. citizens who have a valid passport do not need to apply for a Schengen visa if they would like to visit Europe for tourism or business as long as their short-term stay is less than 90 days. However, U.S. permanent residents, or those with a U.S. green card) must apply for a Schengen visa if:
- You are a foreign passport holder from a country that has not established a visa-free regime with the European Union
- You are a foreign passport holder from a country that has established a visa-free regime with the European Union but was previously denied entry into Schengen countries
Those who hold dual citizenship can travel to the Schengen Area without a Schengen visa if one of their passports is from a country that has established a visa-free regime with the European Union.
Recommended Reading: Apply For Best Buy Credit Card
Countries In Europe That Will Require An Etias
Currently, there are 26 countries in Europe that will require an ETIAS travel authorization as an added security measure.
The ETIAS is a travel authorization for business or touristic purposes, and will not be a substitute for a student or working visa. Any third country nationals who wish to live, study, work, or remain in Europe longer than 90 days, will have to apply for a visa suited to their specific situation.
Citizens of the EU traveling in the Schengen Area can do it with either their national identity card or passport, and are not subject to any other type of border control at their mutual borders.
Applying For A Visa To Estonia In Abu Dhabi & Dubai
Estonia has appointed the Embassy of Finland in Abu Dhabi as its representative. The Finnish embassy in Abu Dhabi has outsourced visa submission for UAE residents to VFS Global. This means you will have to submit your Schengen visa application either at their Visa Application Center in Abu Dhabi or the one in Dubai.
Note that the VAC in Abu Dhabi accepts applications only from persons holding residency issued by the Emirate of Al Ain and Abu Dhabi. On the other hand, persons residing in the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, or Fujairah shall submit their applications to the Visa Centre in Dubai.
The VACs are open from Sunday to Thursday, starting 09:00 to 17:00. You will be able to file your Schengen visa application every workday from 09:00 to 15:00.
Contact details & address
- Abu Dhabi: Level 25, Shining Tower, Mubarak Bin Mohammed Street, 26th Street, Adjacent to Khalidyah Mall, 30023
- Dubai: Joint Visa Application Centre, Wafi Mall, Level 2, Falcon, Phase 2, Umm Hurair 2
Phone: +971 4 205 5907Email:
Read Also: Transunion Based Credit Cards