A Featured Pick From Our Partners For International Undergraduate Students: Deserve Edu Mastercard For Students
Deserve, originally named SelfScore, was founded to help international students get a credit card while in the US The company now offers three different credit cards, including two cards that donât require a Social Security number or credit history to qualify for. We have a more in-depth article on credit cards for international students here.
What the card offers: The DeserveÂ® Edu Mastercard for Students could be a good fit for international students studying in the US You donât need to have a Social Security number or US credit history to qualify . Instead, you can link your bank account during the application process and Deserve will analyze your financial history to determine if you qualify for the card and your credit limit.
Cardholders will be eligible for a variety of perks, such as discounted renters insurance, free cell phone insurance and a lifetime total $59 reimbursement to cover the annual cost of Amazon Prime Student.
The DeserveÂ® Edu Mastercard for Students doesnât have an annual fee or foreign transaction fees that some cards charge on purchases made outside the U.S. or in non-U.S. Dollars. Youâll also earn 1 percent cash back on all your eligible purchases.
Potential cons to beware of: The DeserveÂ® Edu Mastercard for Students has a high annual percentage rate . The APR can help you understand the annual cost carrying a balance based on your cardâs interest rate.
Us Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card Eligibility
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a US bank credit card. Moreover, You must be a resident of the United States with an SSN or ITIN number readily available.
Your eligibility for this US Bank credit card will depend greatly on your income and credit standing. You may be asked to provide proof of income in the form of pay-slips or tax documents in order for the bank to determine if this credit card is right for you and how much credit limit they are willing to offer.
See If You’re Eligible
- To be eligible to apply for Apple Card, you must be 18 years old or older, depending on where you live.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful resident with a valid, physical U.S. address that’s not a P.O. Box. You can also use a military address.
- Your device must be compatible with Apple Pay. See which devices are compatible with Apple Pay. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS.
- You must sign in on your device with your Apple ID and use two-factor authentication.
- If you have a freeze on your credit report, you need to temporarily lift the freeze to apply for Apple Card. Learn how to lift your credit freeze.
- You might need to verify your identity with a Driver License or State-issued photo ID.5
You May Like: How Do I Check My Cabela’s Credit Card Balance
Capital One Savorone Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Whether you’re at a 4-year university, community college or other higher education institution, this card might be an option for you
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores , with 1% on all other purchases. Plus, earn 8% cash back on tickets at Vivid Seats through January 2023
- Enjoy no annual fee, foreign transaction fees, or hidden fees
- You can help build your credit with responsible use of a card like this
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards plus, cash back won’t expire for the life of the account and there’s no limit to how much you can earn
- Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Set up Autopay for your account and your payments will be made automatically every month
Think About Your Needs
Before applying, make sure to consider what your aim is in owning the card. Is it to establish credit? Earn rewards? Pay off some debt? Knowing your goals will help you narrow down options within a card category. For example, if you want an easy-to-use cash back card, the right fit could be one that offers the same flat rate on all purchases. Someone seeking their first credit card may fare best with a secured credit card.
Recommended Reading: Does Venmo Charge For Credit Cards
Lower Your Credit Utilization Ratio
Your credit utilization rate is the amount of available credit you use at any time its also an important factor in determining your credit score. A high utilization rate may indicate youll have a hard time paying off your card balance on time, so a lower utilization rate is better for your credit score. You should aim to have a credit utilization ratio of 30% or less. Anything higher can damage your credit score. Not using your card enough can also affect your credit score because lenders wont be able to measure your creditworthiness.
Find And Apply For A Credit Card Thats Right For You
Even some of the best credit cards are not right for everyone. Learn how to choose and apply for a card that matches your lifestyle and goals.
Even some of the best credit cards are not right for everyone. Learn how to choose and apply for a card that matches your lifestyle and goals.
Our editorial team and our expert review board provide an unbiased analysis of the products we feature. Our comparison service is compensated by our partners, and may influence where or how products are featured on the site. Learn more about our partners and how we make money. Please note: The star-rating system on this page is based on our independent card scoring methodology and is not influenced by advertisers or card issuers.
Don’t Miss: First Premier Program Fee
Important Legal Disclosures And Information
The term purchases does not mean every transaction you make with your credit card. Some limited transactions, such as cash advance transactions and balance transfers are excluded.
The $8,000 annual cap resets each year on your anniversary date, not at the beginning of each calendar year. Your anniversary date is the date your account is enrolled in the PNC Cash Rewards Program, and the same month/day each year thereafter. For example, if your account was enrolled in the program on June 17, 2021, your anniversary date in 2022 is June 17, 2022.
Some purchases of groceries, gas or food may only qualify for 1% cash back. That is because the cash back earned on a purchase is determined by the merchant category code assigned to a merchant. The merchant category code is based on the merchants type of business and is assigned by the merchants credit card processor. PNC Bank does not assign merchant category codes. For details, please refer to the PNC Cash Rewards Program Terms and Conditionsavailable at pnc.com/creditcards.
For details about the PNC Cash Rewards Program, including information on purchases, category restrictions and earning and redeeming cash back, please refer to the PNC Cash Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
The PNC Bank Visa Secured Credit Card is currently not available in TX, CO, AZ, TN, MA, KS, MC and NM.
PNC Cash Rewards, PNC Premier Traveler, PNC Core and PNC points are registered marks of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Consider Calling The Issuers Reconsideration Line
If youve assessed the reason for your denial and determined that you werent far off from approval, call the issuers reconsideration line.
Now, if you applied for a card that requires excellent credit while having poor credit, you probably wont be able to talk your way to approval. However, you may be able to call the issuer and politely explain the situation, citing your timely recent payments and steadily improving credit. Theres no guarantee that youll be approved, but it doesnt hurt to ask. If you are approved, youll have the card you wanted and save yourself an additional credit inquiry.
Read Also: Where Can I Use My Valero Credit Card
Deserve Edu Mastercard For Students
- Receive one year of Amazon Prime Student on Deserve after spending $500 in the first three billing cycles with your EDU card .
- Earn 1% Cash Back on all purchases with your Deserve EDU Mastercard. Once approved, you’ll automatically start earning cash back on all purchases.
- Feel secure with cell phone protection up to $600.
- No deposit required. No annual fees.
- No international transaction fees on purchases abroad so you can travel with confidence.
- No Social Security Number required for international students to apply.
- Refer A Friend Program: Refer anyone to Deserve using your personal referral code. Upon approval, card activation and use, you’ll receive $30 and so will your referral. Referral bonuses are unlimited!
- Manage and track your spending, set automatic payments and securely freeze your card all through one easy to use app.
- See if you prequalify with no impact to your credit score in minutes.
- Deserve Mastercards are issued by Celtic Bank, Member FDIC.
- Enjoy Mastercard Platinum Benefits intended to make your life easier like Mastercard ID Theft Prevention and Master Rental®.
|See Issuer Website|
The Simplicity Of Applein A Credit Card
With Apple Card, we completely reinvented the credit card. Your information lives on your iPhone, beautifully laid out and easy to understand. We eliminated fees and built tools to help you pay less interest, and you can apply in minutes to see if you are approved with no impact to your credit score. Advanced technologies like Face ID, Touch ID, and Apple Pay give you a new level of privacy and security. And with every purchase you get Daily Cash back. Apple Card. Its everything a credit card should be.
Don’t Miss: Cabelas Silver Card
Understand Why You Were Denied
Youll get a letter stating the reason why your credit card application was denied. This could be related to your credit report or credit score. If youve missed payments, have debt or tend to carry a high credit card balance, you may have a tough time getting approved for a credit card. You could also be denied for forgetting to fill out important information in your application or if you dont meet all the eligibility requirements.
Youre Our First Priorityevery Time
We believe everyone should be able to make financial decisions with confidence. And while our site doesnt feature every company or financial product available on the market, were proud that the guidance we offer, the information we provide and the tools we create are objective, independent, straightforward and free.
So how do we make money? Our partners compensate us. This may influence which products we review and write about , but it in no way affects our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in thousands of hours of research. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services.Here is a list of our partners.
You May Like: First Premier Cards
First Premier Bank Secured Credit Card
- You don’t need perfect credit for a First PREMIER® Bank Secured Credit Card
- Opportunity to build your credit card limit over time by adding funds to your Security Deposit.
- Make your payments on time each month, and keep your balance low relative to the credit limit, for positive marks on your credit report.
- Courteous, caring customer service: that’s what First PREMIER is all about
- Use available credit for basics like gas and food when you need them
- If approved, make your first six monthly minimum payments on time and we may send you an offer to apply for an unsecured credit card. Some restrictions apply.
- If you apply for the second account, which is unsecured, you will be approved if you can demonstrate the ability to pay your bills, meet our minimum income requirements, do not reside in New York or Wisconsin and are not covered under the Military Lending Act.
Banks That Accept Itins For Credit Cards
For permanent residents, temporary immigrants and international students who don’t have an SSN but do have an ITIN, there are more options available for taking out a credit card, though you still may face some challenges. Unfortunately, not all banks in the U.S. will accept an ITIN as a substitute for an SSN.
Don’t Miss: My Best Buy Visa Gold Card
Don’t Apply For The First Offer You See
If you have bad credit, you may not get approved for a card with a large sign-up bonus and lucrative rewards. Each credit card application can temporarily ding your credit report, so consider using an online tool to pre-qualify.
You can also call the card issuer and ask about a specific card’s requirements.
No luck pre-qualifying? Consider these good cards for people with bad credit, which can help you get closer to qualifying for a rewards card over time. Use the card responsibly to help mend your credit.
You may have an easier time getting approved for a secured credit card, which uses a cash deposit you make upon approval to “secure” your line of credit. Some of the best secured cards offer cash rewards, flexible deposit amounts, and the chance to upgrade to an unsecured card .
Applying For A Credit Card And Waiting For Approval Or Denial Can Feel As Scary As Taking A Final Exam Or Giving A Public Speech
Knowing how to apply for a credit card is one thing, but knowing what issuers are looking for before you apply for a new card is really the first step to success.
When youre applying for your first credit card, youre essentially asking a card issuer to take a chance on you, says credit educator John Ulzheimer of The Ulzheimer Group.
Ulzheimers advice? Be realistic with your expectations.
Its very unlikely youre going to get a large , and you may not even get a modest credit limit, Ulzheimer says and thats OK. Building credit is a process, and you have to start somewhere.
Just remember: Depending on your credit , you may not be ready to apply for a credit card right now, but you can take proactive steps that may help you get approved in the future.
If you think youre ready, weve outlined how to apply for a credit card in eight steps. It all starts with checking your credit.
Here are the steps to apply for a credit card.
Don’t Miss: Best Buy Rewards Visa Card
What Happens Next
Thats it! Credit card applications are quick and straightforward. If you have applied online, you may either receive an instant decision or be contacted within a few days. Paper applications will take a week or two to process.
After you get your credit card is when the fun starts. You can start using your card to build credit, earn rewards, or pay off debt.
What Is Us Bank
In 1863, First National Bank of Cincinnati opened its doors as a regional bank. Regional banks proliferated over the next century, and a series of mergers at the start of the 21st century predated the adoption of the U.S. Bank name. Today based in Minnesota, U.S. Bank is the fifth biggest in the country. As of Dec. 31, 2017, assets were $462 billion, and the bank employs 73,000 workers.
Savings, checking, mortgages U.S. Banks services run the gamut. Heres what is offered:
- Online and mobile
- Investing and retirement
Also Check: How To Remove Debit Card From Play Store
Use Rbc Rewards On Both Sides Of The Border
Enjoy the rewards you wantlike gift cards to your favorite restaurant or store, travel to the places you want to go, or cash back to pay your bills.
Cash Back Your Way
Get cash back and choose how you reward yourself. Pay your bill, boost your bank account, or treat yourself to something new.
Gift Cards You’ll Love
Redeem points for gift cards at some of your favorite spotslike Amazon, Best Buy, Publix, Panera and Starbucks.
Book Travel on Your Terms
Use your points to pay for flights, hotels, car rentals and more. Plus, there’s no blackout dates or seat restrictions when you fly on points.
How To Apply For A Us Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
There are 3 ways you can apply for a US Bank Credit Card:
For simplicity, it is best to apply online using the online application form on the US Bank website. All you have to do is submit your details and provide the requested documents and you will be notified via the email address or phone number given if you are eligible.
You May Like: Does Td Bank Have Visa Gift Cards