How To Get Cash From A Vanilla Visa Gift Card
While you cant get cash from a Vanilla Visa gift card directly, you have options like selling the gift card either online or in person or having the money transferred to your PayPal account. You will then receive money in exchange for the gift card.
That is, much like the other cards in this article, you cant transfer money or withdraw money from your Vanilla Visa gift card. However, there are several workarounds available.
In fact, the process of how to get cash from a Vanilla Visa gift card is the same as how to convert any Visa gift card to cash, allowing you to use the balance in exactly the same way as cash. Check out some of the options earlier in this article to see which one may work best for you.
How To Add Money In Paypal
The first thing to know is that you dont actually need funds in your PayPal account in order to pay for things online¹. If youve linked a bank account or debit card to your PayPal account, you can still use PayPal for online purchases. The money will be debited straight from the bank account or card.
But if youd rather hold a PayPal balance to cover your purchases, you can add funds using a bank transfer.
How To Add A Credit Card On Paypal Using A Web Browser
1. Open the PayPal website in a browser and log in if necessary.
2. If you’re not on the Wallet page, tap “Wallet” at the top of the screen.
3. Tap “Link a debit or credit card.”
Dave Johnson/Business Insider
You can add credit cards on the Wallet page of the PayPal website.
4. In the “Link a card manually” section, tap “Debit or credit card” and then follow the instructions to enter your credit card number.
Read Also: Td Bank Echeck
How To Add A Gift Card To Paypal
2. Click “Link a debit or credit card.”
3. Tap “Link a card manually” if given the option to link manually or through a bank.
4. Enter the gift card information.
5. Tap “Link Card.”
Sometimes, you might run into an error trying to add a gift card to your PayPal account as a payment method because gift cards lack personal identifiers, unlike traditionally-issued credit cards.
If you run into this kind of trouble, register your gift card there should be instructions on the card that will direct you to a website for registration.
Additionally, there are also ways to exchange non-credit card gift cards for money in your PayPal account, but the cost of the transaction is significant usually a minimum of 10% of the value of the gift card.
Can You Put A Visa Gift Card In Your Bank Account
You can deposit a gift card to your bank account, although not directly. Visa gift cards are treated like Visa credit cards, meaning the balance isnt transferable to an account.
However, as shown above, there are some roundabout ways to achieve this. For example, there are several options to transfer money from a gift card to your bank account via PayPal. All you do is follow the steps outlined above for getting the balance into your PayPal account and, from there, transfer that money to your bank account.
Keep reading to find out which specific options are available for this, if youd prefer the money end up in your account rather than converting your Visa gift card to cash in hand.
Recommended Reading: How Can I Pay My Bestbuy Credit Card
Why You Should Choose Donotpay Virtual Credit Card Over A Regular Credit Card
Virtual credit cards are becoming more and more popular, but they are still not that commonly used. Many people still find it challenging to differentiate a virtual credit card from a real one and see clearly the good and the bad sides of each. We are here to help you with that by comparing our Free Trial Card to a real credit card. DoNotPays Free Trial Card serves people struggling with being charged after a free trial period. This is just one of the many reasons that make it so much more convenient than regular cards. Here are some other differences to keep in mind:
Real Credit Card
|DoNotPays Free Trial Card|
|You can find it in physical form||
You can only use it online
Your sensitive credit card information is exposed, so it can be easily misused if someone wants to wrong you
|With your real credit card information safely hidden, you dont have to worry about any misuse|
|If something goes wrong, you can waste hundreds or thousands of dollars||
Theres no risk of losing any money as your real credit card is not connected to the virtual one, so there are no funds to be stolen
In case the website where you left your real card info is hacked, your sensitive information can be easily accessed
|Not even a hacked website should worry you, as your real credit card information is not exposed|
|Should you forget to cancel the service, the provider will charge you a regular monthly fee||
Even if you forget to cancel a subscription, they cant charge you a penny
Can I Transfer Money With My Debit Card
You will need the bank information of the person with a debit card if you wish to transfer them. Once you pay them a fee, they will send your money to your recipients bank account, which should arrive within a few days of receiving it. Using the funds with a debit card linked to the bank account is the next step.
Read Also: Credit Cards That Report To Transunion
Adding The Card For Funding Purchases
If youre planning on using the Visa gift card as funding money for a purchase youre making, follow this process. Its also the standard procedure of adding any visa or other debit cards to a PayPal account:
- First of all, you have to go to the PayPal website, log into your account to link the visa card to PayPal. If you dont have a PayPal account, create one, it takes a few minutes start to finish.
- If you previously have an account and are ready to go, click on the wallet option. You can also look for it in the 3-dot sign on the far left side of the screen.
- You will see an option at the bottom that says Add a debit or credit card, click on it, then select Debit card. Youre ready to add the card.
- On the next screen, you will input all the information about the Visa debit gift card youre planning to add. Put in the card type, expiration date, the billing address for the card, then hit the Link card button.
- As you click on the linking button, the system will redirect you to the cards official address for an OTP. Take that OTP code, and put that back in the box to confirm the card, and youre all set.
After successfully adding the card to your account, you can now use the balance in it on any purchase you make with PayPal. You can use it anywhere PayPal is accepted, whether its an online shop or an offline store. Once you have used the full gift card amount, you can remove the card from your PayPal account.
How To Add Money To Paypal With A Prepaid Visa Card
How to add money to Paypal with a Prepaid Visa Card? Prepaid credit cards can provide an easy means for you to make online purchases through PayPal. As long as the prepaid card has a Visa, Discover, MasterCard or American Express logo, you can use the card on any website that accepts PayPal.
You can add Visa gift cards and prepaid cards to your PayPal Wallet, the same way you would a traditional debit or credit card.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Choose the Wallet option from the top of the page.
- At the left, click Link a card or bank below your existing cards/banks
- Choose Link a debit or credit card
Lastly, just add your Visa prepaid card information and click the link card button option.
Now, if youre transferring money between your PayPal account and a prepaid card, that can be prove to be a lot more difficult. While some prepaid cards can be linked to your PayPal account, others cant, a lot depends on your credit card issuer. Generally speaking, you must register a prepaid card under your name and address before you can link it to your PayPal account.
how to add money to Paypal with a Prepaid Visa card
Read Also: Do Cabelas Points Expire
How Can I Remove A Debit Card Or Credit Card From My Paypal Account
If you no longer want your debit card to be linked to your PayPal account:
Enhanced Consumer Choice And Improved Experience For Visa Cardholders:
PayPal will make it easier for new and existing customers to choose to pay with their Visa cards and ensure a more seamless experience:
- Visa cards will be presented as a clear and equal payment option during enrollment and subsequent payments, with an easy ability for consumers to set as their preferred payment method
- Visa digital card images will be incorporated into payment flows
- PayPal will not encourage Visa cardholders to link to a bank account via ACH
- PayPal will also support and work with issuers to identify consumers who choose to migrate existing ACH payment flows to their Visa cards
Read Also: What Banks Use Transunion For Credit Cards
How To Add A Visa Card To Paypal
Although you can transfer funds from a linked checking or savings account to add money to a PayPal account, the process of using a Visa card through PayPal for a large business purchase requires a different set of steps. If you want to draw against your Visa cards balance, you can link the card to PayPal. The seller of your goods cant see your Visa account information if you designate your card as the payment vehicle
How To Use A Credit Card On Paypal
Many or all of the products here are from our partners that pay us a commission. Its how we make money. But our editorial integrity ensures our experts opinions arent influenced by compensation. Terms may apply to offers listed on this page.
PayPal is a popular online payment system and payments app, and if you’re new to using it, you might be wondering how to use a credit card on PayPal. The good news is you can easily use a credit card with PayPal. While you can link your bank account or a debit card to PayPal, you may prefer to use a credit card for some online purchases. Before making a payment, you’ll need to link a credit card. Check out the information below to better understand how to use a credit card on PayPal.
You May Like: Bass Pro Preferred Rewards Program
How Do I Pay
After registering in the TIER-app, you simply go to the payment section and add your preferred payment method. Our service supports credit cards by Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as payment methods. In Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and France, Paypal is also supported.
When adding your card you can either scan your credit card or enter it manually. Make sure you have entered all the required information when adding your payment method e.g. the CVC code on the back of your card as well. When you are done riding and successfully ended it the cost of the ride will be charged automatically from this payment method. Shortly after you will receive an invoice on email as well. You can also find a complete overview of all your rentals, as well as download your invoices under “Ride history” in the TIER-app :)Enjoy the ride!
Can You Turn A Visa Gift Card Into Cash In Hand
There are ways to turn a Visa gift card into cash in hand, although these tend to be limited to those options when youre trading your card in in-person, such as when selling it to someone or converting a Gift Card Kiosk voucher into money.
However, having the money added to your PayPal or bank account is as close to cash in hand as you can get. Simply add the extra step of going to withdraw it and youre on your way.
Read Also: Cabelas Card Visa
How Do I Add My Us Bank Card To Paypal
You can easily add your U.S. Bank credit or debit card to your PayPal account. Just follow the steps below.
Online banking steps:
U.S. Bank Mobile App steps:
For the best mobile banking experience, we recommend logging in or .
Option : Receive Money From Friends And Family Payment
Another way to add money to your PayPal Balance account is to give cash to someone you know then ask them to transfer an equivalent amount from their PayPal account to yours.
To do this, give money to your friend or family member via whatever method is most convenient. Then, tell them the email address associated with your PayPal account.
It is important to only ever use this method with people you trust completely. It is very easy to get scammed if you give money to a stranger or someone you dont fully trust, hoping they will send money to your PayPal account.
Also Check: In App Purchase Without Credit Card
Use A Second Paypal Account
The trick is pretty much self-explanatory if you think it through here is the process you need to follow to cash your gift card:
- First, you need a second PayPal account you can either ask a friend to help you out on it or can open a new account. Opening an account takes a few minutes, and a new email address is not associated with the primary account.
- Once you have the second account ready, log into it, go to the Wallet option, and add the card to that account. You can follow the process Ive mentioned in the previous section to understand how to add a debit gift card to your PayPal account.
- Now, click on the Send & Request button located right before the Wallet menu to start the transfer process to your primary account. It will take you to a new page showing the card youve just added earlier in this process click on Continue.
- From the next page, select the Friends & Family option to send the money for free of charge. Dont forget to put in the amount you have in the card all the way through if PayPal charges, calculate the charge, and put it all in.
- Now that youre all set go ahead and click on Send Payment to complete the transfer from your secondary account to the primary one.
How To Use Your Debit Card For Paypal Purchases
You cant actually use a credit or debit card to transfer funds to your PayPal balance. On the other hand, you shouldnt really have to. When you make a PayPal payment, you can use your credit or bank card instead of your PayPal balance.
As a result, you dont need to maintain a balance if you link a card to your account. You can get money from friends or pay your vendors directly from your card. Keep in mind that as with any card payment service, this will incur some fees, and those fees are tax deductible.
For this to work, youll first need to set up a linked card. Log in, go to your wallet, and click on the link to add a debit or credit card. Follow the instructions, enter your card details and billing address, and the card will be linked. The whole process only takes a few minutes.
Recommended Reading: Lowesvisacredit.com Home Page
Paypal And Visa Enter New Partnership
Companies collaborate to accelerate the adoption of digital payments.
PayPal and Visa today announced a U.S. strategic partnership that will result in an improved and more seamless payment experience for Visa cardholders and will offer greater choice in how consumers pay with the PayPal and Venmo wallets.
The partnership puts PayPal and Visa on a new path, with the companies working more collaboratively to accelerate the adoption of safe, reliable and convenient digital payments for consumers and merchants. Further, the arrangement is designed to carry significant benefits for issuing financial institutions, acquirers, and merchants. For issuing institutions, these include a better customer experience, more spending volume on their credit and debit cards, lower operational costs and improved security. Merchants will also benefit from the improved customer experience, efficiency and security, which together will help drive increased sales.