Why Is My Vanilla Gift Card Being Declined
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You dont have enough money left on your card. You havent activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
Can You Turn A Visa Gift Card Into Cash In Hand
Some of these options are better than others at turning a Visa gift card into cash in hand. In fact, this will really only be the outcome when youre trading your card in in-person, such as when selling it to someone or converting a Gift Card Kiosk voucher into money.
However, having the money added to your PayPal or bank account is as close to cash in hand as you can get. Simply add the extra step of going to withdraw it and youre on your way.
Sell It On The Raise App
Another way to convert a Visa gift card into cash is by selling it on an app called Raise. Raiseis a site where you can sell your unwanted gift cards with ease.
Its really simple! All you have to do is find all your unwanted gift cards then list them to sell on the platform. Lastly, you will get paid either via Check, PayPal, or by direct deposit when someone buys the gift card.
Raise is an amazing site if you have unwanted Visa gift cards or any other gift cards from stores such as Target, Amazon, and Walmart. In addition to selling unwanted gift cards on the site, you can save money when you buy other gift cards on their site.
You can also check out their coupon section to find some of the latest deals on popular stores and brands.
Recommended Reading: What Credit Score Is Needed For Allegiant Credit Card
How To Get Cash From A Vanilla Visa Gift Card
The answer to the question of how to get cash from a Vanilla Visa gift card is the same as how to convert any Visa gift card to cash: using one of the strategies mentioned in this article.
That is, while you cant get cash from a Vanilla Visa gift card directly, nor can you transfer money or withdraw money from your Vanilla Visa gift card, there are several workarounds that have the same outcome.
What Visa Gift Cards Can Be Used At An Atm
If you currently have a Visa gift card and want to know if you can use it directly at an ATM, the short answer is no. Because these types of gift cards are coded to be used in stores or at restaurants, you cant directly get money from an ATM from them.
You can, however, use some of the methods listed in this post such as selling the gift cards for cash on places such as Facebook Marketplace or Gift Card Granny.
You May Like: How To Check Your Visa Credit Card Balance
Top Tips For Online Gambling With Vanilla Visa Gift Cards
- Always check whether you can use Vanilla VISA at online casino sites before you sign-up.
- Vanilla VISAs work in the same way as prepaid cards and vouchers.
- You can view your balance at any time via the VanillaGift.com website.
- Online casinos that accept Vanilla VISA will typically accept other prepaid vouchers, too.
- You are unlikely to be able to withdraw via this option.
How Can I Get Cash From A Vanilla Gift Card
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
You May Like: Can I Get My Credit Card Debt Forgiven
Can You Transfer Money From Visa Gift Cards To Paypal
Using the Card Cash website, you can sell your unwanted gift cards and get money for them.According to the PayPal site, you can transfer money from a gift card right into your balance on PayPal.
Keep in mind that you will have to buy another merchants gift card with your Visa gift card first and then upload that gift card onto the Card Cash website.
From my knowledge, it looks like the Card Cash website only accepts gift cards from stores such as Target, Walmart, Jewels-Osco, etc. Therefore, you will have to purchase a gift card with your Visa gift card from one of the accepted Card Cash merchants.
Why Should I Register My Visa Gift Card
There are several benefits:
- It enables you to make purchases online. Your registered address will serve as the billing address that retailers require.
- It enables representatives to more quickly assist you when you need assistance.
- It protects you if your card is ever lost or stolen, so that you can be reimbursed for funds lost.
Also Check: How To Withdraw Money From Credit Card
How To Get Cash From A Gift Card
Gift cards have been the preferred present or gift of choice for nearly every occasion, including holidays, birthdays, Valentines Day and you get the point.
Gift cards seem to be the king of gifts when you dont know what to get that special someone.
But what if you dont get the right gift card?
That money shouldnt have to go to waste now, should it?
What if I were to tell you that you could get cash off of that gift card? Dont worry, this is perfectly legal and rather simple.
Can I Create A Pin
Yes – you can create a pin on the Gift Card website by selecting “My Pin” under the My Settings tab.
You can also request one at the time you activate your card using the toll-free number on the sticker. There is no charge for using the voice response system. If you activate your card on the website, you will need to call 866.543.9161 to request a PIN.
Also Check: How To Transfer Money Off Credit Card
Gift Card Guidelines For Human Subject Compensation
- Vanilla Visa Gift Cards can be replaced if lost or stolen if the cards have not been activated, new card fees may be assessed.
- Vanilla Visa Gift Cards for Human Subject Compensation are to be distributed to participants for the study/project identified at the time the initial order was charged.
- Payees receiving a total compensation of $600 or more in a calendar year, these amounts are subject to federal tax reporting requirements and will be reported on IRS form 1099-Misc.
- A;W-9;should be submitted to IPPS Tax Advisory Services and the;Human Subject Compensation Record form ;should be completed. Tax reporting information does not link a participant to a particular trial, study, or research project. Refer to UCOP Policy regarding;Payments Subject to Tax or Information Reporting.
We are currently reviewing changes to gift card guidelines for Employees and Non-Employees.;
Thank you for your your patience during this time,
How To Check A Vanilla Gift Card Visa Balance
August 12, 2021 by
How To Check A Vanilla Gift Card Visa Balance Check Out These Fast And Easy Steps
Vanilla gift cards are prepaid cards used in buying from online and physical stores that accept visa cards, and you can use Vanilla cards in paying for bills just like you do with other prepaid debit cards.
The only difference this card has from other debit cards is that the cashier will not be able to find out the balance you have on the card before you purchase. Therefore, it is a must to check the balance you have on your vanilla card to avoid having a failed payment transaction.
There could also be a delay if the items purchased are higher than the amount you have left on your card, but there are several methods you could use to check the balance you have on your vanilla gift card, which is what we will show you.
You can use the following methods in checking the balance you have left on your vanilla gift card.
- Going online to check
- Contacting customer support
We will also discuss the benefits of using the Vanilla gift card, so stick around and find out all you need to know about using this prepaid card.
Read Also: Is Paypal Credit Card Good
Problem #: Gift Card Fraud
Finally, thieves love gift cards. On his radio show, Clark shared how he heard a story from someone who went to use a new Visa gift card, but the value had already been emptied.
Visa gift cards can be replaced if theyre lost or stolen, but there may be a fee involved; sometimes $5 or more.
This is just one more reason Clark prefers credit over debit or gift cards. If you report a credit card lost or stolen, no money typically comes out of your pocket.
What Is The Difference Between A Pending Transaction And A Posted Transaction
Pending transactions are authorized transactions with a hold for the purchase amount until the transaction clears. Posted transactions are purchases that have cleared on your card. There are some pending transactions that are more or less than the amount you actually spent. Some retailers place a pre-authorization amount to ensure the account is active and that you have enough money to cover the purchase. Once the transaction posts to your account, the pending transaction will be removed within a few business days, and you can use the funds again.
You May Like: How To Change Usps Address Without Credit Card
How To Check The Balance On The Vanilla Prepaid Card
The fastest way to check your balance is by logging into your Vanilla Prepaid account at www.vanillaprepaid.com. You can also call customer service to find out your balance. A good thing to do before you shop is to check your balance before you purchase anything.; The merchants you are shopping at are unable to determine the balance on your card so if you purchase something that exceeds your card balance, your purchase will be declined.;
Vanilla Visa Gift Cards Benefits
There are several exciting features the Vanilla visa gift card comes with, and one of such features is you are not required to provide any identifying information. Using this card immediately after you purchase it is possible, and it can accept it online.
You can use this card to pay for using a pump anywhere visa cards are accepted, meaning you can use this card in several retailer shops out there. After paying the activation fee, you will not be asked to pay an additional fee, and it is safe to carry this card with you the same way you carry cash.
Users have the option of creating a personal PIN, or they can choose to stick with using the card as debit even though it might not be required.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Credit Card For Military
Can You Take Money Off A Gift Card
Sadly, probably not. You cant simply take a gift card to an ATM machine and get cash immediately.;
Why? Just for the simple fact that it is a gift card. However, there are plenty of options that you can do to get money in exchange for the value of the gift card.
You can likely get money off of a reloadable prepaid card. But thats not the question. We are talking about gift cards. Based on our research, the best option to get cash in exchange for a gift card is to simply sell it for a discount instead.
Vanilla Gift Card Refund Policy Details
Since almost all merchants issue refunds to the original payment method, you can receive a refund to your Vanilla gift card if that was your payment method of choice. Whether or not youre eligible for a refund will depend solely on the merchants refund policy.
If you want to cancel an order that you paid for with your Vanilla gift card funds, you can do it by dialing 1-844-433-7898 and asking their customer service reps to cancel the purchase. You will be refunded the money, and it will be credited back to the gift card.
You May Like: How To Withdraw Money From Credit Card
The Cibc Prepaid Visa
;You can shop worldwide online and offline, use VISA Paywave even for small purchases and basically spend on your own terms. There are two CIBC Prepaid Visa cards that you can sign up for which are:
- CIBC Smart Prepaid Visa Card
- CIBC Smart Prepaid Travel Visa Card
The CIBC prepaid cards enable you to top up your card with your money. It works like a debit card, with credit card convenience. This makes it easy for you to shop anywhere inside and outside Canada.;
With this card, you get:
- Minimum load amount $20
- Daily Withdrawal Limit $1,000
- No Interest: The card does not incur any interest over time
- Worldwide use: But like a credit card, you can use it all over the world, in five different currencies as long as VISA accepted
- You dont have to worry about your prepaid affecting any credit rating or store since you only use the money thats on the card.;
- No Age limit: You can sign up for either the Smart Prepaid or Smart Travel Prepaid at any age, even for those under 18 years old.;
- No Residency Needed: The residency requirement is not needed which means you dont have to be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident to be eligible for the CIBC card. This is extremely useful for travelers visiting Canada
- No CIBC Bank Account Needed: You can get the CIBC prepaid even without a CIBC bank account
- The CIBC Smart Travel Visa can be loaded with one of the 5 available currencies- Euros, Pesos, Pounds and US Dollars
Vanilla Visa Gift Card
If you need a gift for an upcoming special occasion, the Vanilla Visa Gift Card is a viable option.
- The card can be purchased in $20 denominations, ranging from $20 to $500.
- Once the card is activation, no additional fees apply and the funds never expire.
- Per the cardholder agreement, activation costs between $4.95 and $9.95 depending on the dollar value and number of cards activated.
Unfortunately, cardholders are unable to retrieve funds from the card via ATM or using the cash back option at the register. In addition, Vanilla Visa Gift Cards are not reloadable and cannot be returned once purchased.
In the event your card is lost or stolen, you can contact customer care to request a replacement. .
You May Like: How To Use Stolen Credit Card Online
Easy Ways To Convert Gift Cards To Cash
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase or sign up through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more info.
Do you have a Visa gift card that you wish to exchange for cash? Here are several easy methods you can use to convert gift cards to cash.
Visa gift cards are a great way of saving on shopping. Most are sold during promotions where stores offer incentives for shoppers to buy and use them. However, sometimes people need to convert a Visa gift card to cash.
Well, no cause for alarm.
If you wish to convert your gift cards to cash, there are numerous ways to do it.
In this article, we will explore the most feasible ways available to convert that Visa gift card to liquid cash.
But why would you want to convert your Visa card? Well, there are a number of reasons why someone may wish to do this.
If you are like me and check your net worth on Personal Capital daily, you likely think gift cards are a waste of time and space. Why carry virtual money when you can have cold hard cash to invest or pay down debt?
These Visa gift cards cannot be used to withdraw money at an ATM, which therefore makes them somewhat inflexible.
Preferred Method for Converting Plastiq
Our preferred method to use to convert a Visa card is with Plastiq. Its completely free to join and you can pay for anything with credit cards. Even where credit cards arent accepted.
Making A Purchase With Your Visa Gift Card
- What if I change my mind and want to cancel a purchase?
If a merchant cancels a purchase transaction for you, it may take three to seven business days for the cancellation to show up on your Visa Gift card record and for the funds to be credited to your card and available for use. Check the balance on your card, either online or by phone, to see when your cancelled purchase transaction has been processed. Refer to the back of your card for the web site address/phone number of the financial institution that issued your card.
- Why was my Visa Gift card declined?
- Your card may have expired. Check the expiry date printed on the front of your card. ;In this case, let the merchant know how much remaining balance you have on your card. The merchant may split the transaction and allow you to pay for part of your purchase with the Gift card, and then the remaining part of your purchase with another form of payment, such as a credit, debit or cash.;
- Your remaining card balance may be less than the value of the item you wish to purchase.
- Merchants who only possess a manual imprint machine cannot accept Gift cards which have the phrase “ELECTRONIC USE ONLY” printed on the front of the card.
- Some internet merchants use fraud protection software that may decline a Gift card purchase transaction.
- Your card may not be activated or registered yet. Follow the activation and registration instructions that came with the card, or contact the card issuer
You May Like: How To Apply For Paypal Credit Card